Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I finally did nit after 8 years! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171243)

meltinaway Sat, Mar-06-04 21:17

I finally did nit after 8 years!

For over 8 years now, I have walked into Walmart, K-Mart, Fashion Bug, etc. and could not fit into the largest size they carried, (size 26.) When I started this WOL in Jan., I wore a size 32/34 and had to order my clothes from catalogues. Well, today I went to Walmart and tried on a size 26 and IT FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: I couldn't believe it and figured it was just made really big so I tried on another size 26 in a completely different style of shirt and IT FIT TOO!!!!! :yay: So I tried on another size 26 in a different style and IT FIT TOO!!!!!:yay:

I stood there in the middle of the plus size dept. and started crying my eyes out! People were looking at me like I was insane but I could'nt control myself. This is a huge step for me. I finally fit in regular plus sized clothes! I am crying again just writing about it. I love this WOL.

IdahoSpud Sat, Mar-06-04 21:25

Thanks for sharing that meltinaway. Congratulations on your loss thus far also. It's an empowering feeling, being in charge of your body, isn't it? :)

Best wishes to you,
Mark

DaddioM Sat, Mar-06-04 21:40

Soooo cool. BTW...loved your poem!!

Rocky_Cdn Sat, Mar-06-04 21:42

That's great news! What an awesome milestone!

Congrats!!!!

:Party: :Party: :Party:

angieK Sat, Mar-06-04 21:45

Congrats and happy shopping !!
angie

Justjen72 Sat, Mar-06-04 21:59

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. Keep it up.

red1cutie Sat, Mar-06-04 22:08

:yay: :cheer: :yay:
Awesome! 61pounds gone!
:yay: :cheer: :yay:

If I had been there I would have cried with you.
Happy shopping!

Keep on losin'

red

freckles Sat, Mar-06-04 23:50

Congratulations!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

angel_4808 Sun, Mar-07-04 01:18

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

nikkil Sun, Mar-07-04 01:32

WTG!!! I've got a tear in my eye just picturing you in the store!! You're doing wonderful! :cry: :) :) :)

Gwyn Sun, Mar-07-04 02:23

Good for you! You picked your name really well; you are melting away! Before you know it, you'll have to pick the next size down! And then the next, and then the next...

-G.

njcowgirl Sun, Mar-07-04 05:31

way to go!!!!

suntanlove Sun, Mar-07-04 06:02

congrats Meltin on a job well done.I kn ow how it feels to reach your own personal milestone.You know that feeling that you experienced when the size fit you , well freeze that and the next time you are tempted to stop LC or cheat , thaw it out and really FEEL it.I bet you will reach your goal with many similar experiences like this one.This is just the firstof many and so good luck, you are on your way.

danakins Sun, Mar-07-04 06:57

Congratulations!!!! :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: You must be sooo proud.

Danakins

teresamay Sun, Mar-07-04 06:59

That is amazing!! You must have been so proud of yourself and your accomplishments!!! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!...I can't wait until the day I can fit into smaller clothes -I will probably cry too!!!