Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Skipping Induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182595)

katlo Wed, May-05-04 10:12

Skipping Induction

Has anyone skipped induction and just gone straight to carb intake of around 25-50 per day? Just curious.

Pandora23 Wed, May-05-04 10:22

A lot of people here will tell you not to do it, but I did. I had tried Atkins before and gained weight during induction because I need to watch my calories and carbs or I gain. It was too difficult to stay full and do both so this time I skipped it. I have been losing weight and did not have any problems. I would give it a try if you think it would work best for you, if it doesn't you can always just take your carbs down. Good luck!

lubajo Wed, May-05-04 10:30

Good luck to you...I am one that has to get off the sugar cold turkey or not...I have tried your ways and always slipped...but I wish you good luck...you can always drop some carbs if you have too..

niudog Wed, May-05-04 10:45

Try reading Atkins for life.
It has a variety of LC menu plans that start out at much higher (60) carb counts. With your stats, you may not need induction. Only you and your body will know. . . Good luck!!!

liz175 Wed, May-05-04 11:00

I never did induction.

katlo Wed, May-05-04 11:16

Thank you all so much for your input! I'm down 3 pounds but I've been on and off because I have such a hard time sticking to induction. Mainly because I like to have nuts to keep me full and SF jello, occasional atkins protein bar or low-carb candy bar. I know those things are forbidden on induction.
Liz & Pandora - you've both skipped induction - what was your initial intake of carbs for the first few wks? Do you do nuts and the bars at all? Pandora - how many calories do you allow and how do you track them. Thanks again everyone for your input! I quit Atkins a couple of days ago and did weight watchers but i'm always hungry on it so I'm going to try Atkins again :)

adkpam Wed, May-05-04 11:22

When I started I added up my present level of carbs, and it was 350-400. And I was trying to eat healthy!

So I cut to 40-60 a day, and things went pretty well. Along the way I started to love this way of eating, so now on Maintenance I just drift towards the upper end instead of the lower.

You have to be able to stay on it. And I didn't have any sugar cravings to crush.

Kristine Wed, May-05-04 11:31

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with skipping induction. :thup: The first stage of Protein Power is basically "coming out of induction", and plenty of PP people lose weight with no troubles.

katlo Wed, May-05-04 11:35

Also - I workout 6-7 days per week and my cardio workouts are excruciating on induction. Has anyone else experienced this? Weight training is ok but I've had to drop my cardio level way down just to get through my workout.

w0rd Wed, May-05-04 12:08

i skipped induction and gained weight.. i was pissed! so now im on my 3rd day of induction and i already feel smaller!!! yay!!

lizzy says: don't skip induction, its hard but well worth it..

w0rd Wed, May-05-04 12:12

i also have noticed that i have had to drop my cardio. could this be because of induction?? i had a horrible work out today [felt awful] but my aerobics classes at night seem to be going okay [only a little bit harder than usual].. i used to do atleast 3 hrs of cardio a day.. i want to go back but i feel so tired do i need to up my carbs?