Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   And life gets worse....... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=149004)

ian559 Fri, Nov-14-03 22:38

And life gets worse.......

I thought I could get no lower than the this week. But its happend.
I have been having some pains. Went to doctor today. They think I may have male breast cance and a possible melinoma in my armpit on the same side.
They did 3 stick of a needle to get a biopsy but got nothin out of the lump. I now have to go to a surgeon and get cut and have the lump removed and the mole removed. To make sure the lump was not infection they have me taking 2000mg antibiotics 2 times a day.
Am kinda freaking right now

kyrasdad Fri, Nov-14-03 22:44

I don't know what to say except good luck. That's awful.

I think you'll perservere and come out of this strong. Lots of tough breaks for you lately. But tough times never last. Tough people always do.

Good luck, and keep us up to date as well as you can.

MisterE Fri, Nov-14-03 23:08

My prayers are with you. If there is anything I can do at any time holler. My hopes are that they find their possiblitities wrong and that you just have a regular old mole removed. However, my wife is a cancer survivor. And after 20 years is healthier than the lot of us!

ian559 Fri, Nov-14-03 23:19

I sure hope I Dont have cancer!!!! I am shooting for a infection and a nasty mole biopsy and a few stiches. I guess I should not think the worst. But just getting put tosleep for the man boob surgury has me scared as my size.
Thanks for the thoughts guys and the help offer Mr E.!!!!!!! Its 1:25 am as I write this and sleep just seems no where in sight

Wenzday Sat, Nov-15-03 05:31

Oh GEESH.. I am so sorry!!! I pray there is no melanoma near you... no cancer...

I know a few people going through some scares right now... this is tough.

(((HUGS)))

Tedmom Sat, Nov-15-03 05:54

I am so sorry, Ian. My prayers and thoughts will be with you during this very difficult time. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Julie.

diemde Sat, Nov-15-03 08:21

Ian, I hope you were able to get some sleep. Try to take it one day at a time. My mother and my sister are both survivors of breast cancer and I know how scary this time can be. The not knowing is probably the hardest. This type of surgery is very successful these days and at least once it's over, you'll know. I'll be thinking of you. :bhug:

DWRolfe Sat, Nov-15-03 08:33

We'll definately all hope for the best outcome, Ian...

...and that you find a way to cope with the stress of waiting until further tests/surgery are complete.

Ultimately, this test of strength will make you stronger. And it sort of puts the other issue of rejection that you wrote about a few days ago into persepctive, doesn't it?

Sending you vibes of strength and courage, Ian...

Donald

P.S. You might want to do a search on the Internet for online forums about these issues. I know for sure that they are out there. You may find some very meaningful support there too...

mudknife Sat, Nov-15-03 08:41

4 words: Thank God for doctors.

LCchickFL Sat, Nov-15-03 08:58

{{{{{{{{{{{Ian}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} You are in my thoughts and prayers.

pd42 Sat, Nov-15-03 14:01

I'm new to these boards, but wanted to wish you all the best as you deal with this. Good thoughts coming your way!!!

tulips Sat, Nov-15-03 16:13

Keeping you in my prayers, Ian...

Atkins4myW Sat, Nov-15-03 17:12

oh Ian,
I hope you have gotten some sleep by now and it is just an infection and a regular old mole. I will add you to my prayer list. When are you scheduled to have your procedure?

You may want to check your antibiotics to see how they impact your low carbing. there are some types that raise your blood glucose level and will drive your cravings just what you don't want to happen right now out of the blue.

Gimmpy Sat, Nov-15-03 17:56

For the past 2 weeks we have been going through a similar scare with my 20 year old daughter. 2 weeks of doctors, test and worrying sick. Fortunately it all turned out to be nothing.
I know there is nothing I can say to put your mind a ease and make you not worry, so just know that you have a lot of new friends here on the board that are praying for you and wish you best. I hope things will turn out for you as well as they have for my daughter.

pixy_nixy Sat, Nov-15-03 18:07

Ian, this must be so scary.... Hope its just an infection. You're in my thoughts. Keep us posted on how things go.