Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Help - chocolate on the brain (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=121374)

Bethy B Wed, Jul-09-03 02:25

Help - chocolate on the brain

I've had a real bad chocolate craving over the past two days. Tom's not due either. I lurve chocolate at the best of times but have been controlling myself lately. These past few days have been terrible and I've even scoffed a few chocolate fingers:nono: I know I shouldn't but do you have tips for getting round the chocoholics nightmare.

slimmingme Wed, Jul-09-03 03:17

easy. buy diet swiss miss hot cocoa (sweetened with splenda) at supermarket in singapore or eat the cookies and cream bar from gnc.

bar 2 gm carb, hot cocoa 4 gm

the bar is so damn sweet, takes away all chocolate craving.

but i warn you, you might not be able to stop and keep on drinking packets after packets and or eating bar after bar.

so...be warned.

bars causes some to stall, and stop /slows down weight loss.

Rosebud Wed, Jul-09-03 03:22

Hi there,

Try some L-Glutamine. It really helps me. Dr Atkins suggests 500 to 1000mg 3 times daily, ½ hour before meals. It seems to completely remove those cravings. You can also take it at the time the cravings hit, although once I began taking it regularly, there were no cravings. ;)

Some folk have also found chromium to be helpful.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

whyspers Wed, Jul-09-03 05:55

Or keep some Hershey's SF chocolate on hand for those times you just have to have chocolate. They are soooo good!!!!

L

cococarby Tue, Jun-08-04 23:25

My recipe for LC brownie batter:

(Individual sized)

1/3 unsweetned baking chocolate square
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 TB sf creamy peanut butter
splenda to taste

Melt peanut butter in microwave. Stir in ricotta cheese. Add chocolate (broken up into small chunks) and microwave again until melted. Stir. Add splenda to taste.

This is really good warm and tastes just like brownie batter. Eat with a spoon or your fingers!

this is my guess on the nutritional info:
180 calories
4.5 carbs

Rowan'sma Tue, Jun-08-04 23:36

Keto brand makes a really good brownie mix. Also, Russell Stovers makes really delicious peanut butter cups. I need to be careful though because they trigger cravings.

LoriLoCarb Wed, Jun-09-04 00:26

As some already posted, you have to watch the LC candy, but zCarb chocolate bars hit the spot for me :yum:

libra81 Wed, Jun-09-04 06:40

chocolate wipped cream has worked wonders for me. Freeze it and instant choc. icecream. Sweet cream made w/ heavy cream, splenda, and vanilla is very good too.

KnitGirl Wed, Jun-09-04 07:21

Homemade chocolate truffles...

1/2 pkg cream cheese
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract

Whiz it all together in the food processor, then form 24 truffles by taking a small spoonful and rolling in 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder. Sinfully good, extremely chocolate-y, and only 1.2 carb and 34 calories each.

Trust me--you only need one or two to satisfy that chocolate craving!