Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   shy new member . . . we belong with your group, if you'll have us (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=160185)

wedunit Sat, Jan-17-04 08:23

shy new member . . . we belong with your group, if you'll have us

I've just this morning taken the big step of joining in, and I put a message on the main forum, but it seems that my husband and I really belong with you all, as we each have more than 100 to lose, and we certainly DO relate to you! I've been reading your posts for several days now, and can see that we could be very happily involved with you all, with giving and getting encouragement in achieving the goal of changing our lifestyles in how we look at food and eating. We've had trouble all our lives (my husband from childhood) with being overweight, losing and gaining many times, always weighing more at the end than the last time, feeling defeated, starting over . . . and over . . . and over. Yup, we can sure relate. We also have great determination and a desire for support to conquer this rollercoaster we've been on so long. We feel very good about getting involved with Atkins (just since last Sunday), and plan to be with you all for as long as it takes. We look forward to getting to know you . . . of course I've had the advantage, since I've been a "mouse" in the corner, sharing in reading your messages. Hope you didn't mind.

ItaliaGirl Sat, Jan-17-04 08:24

Thats the spirit!

Welcome aboard.

xxx

maryc Sat, Jan-17-04 08:32

I am so glad you spoke up!! It is great to hear from you!!
welcome!!! {{{hug}}}

MisterE Sat, Jan-17-04 08:35

Welcome! This really is a nice place to meet nice people who share a similar search to better their health. Funny thing about being a fat boy in here: I have always felt accepted as who and what I am. Kinda a nice thing to feel. I know you will feel the same acceptance. (But as a woman, of course!)
I am fat. I wish to be fit. As long as I do what I can to help that process along I am a success. Even if the scales don't move. Continue to work YOUR program (and all are different versions along the low carb line) and you will do fine.
Here is to your every success!

Heath Sat, Jan-17-04 11:09

You are very welcome here. My wife recently started lurking on the board too. I've poke around a few other places and I don't think you'll find a nicer group of people to help you on your journey.

BrewWa Sat, Jan-17-04 11:23

Welcome to our club!

Cheers!
BrewWa

Bjuba Sat, Jan-17-04 11:29

Welcome to both of you - I have found support, knowledge and new friends on this site as I am sure you will too.

josiekat Sat, Jan-17-04 12:10

Welcome to both you and hubby!

AZDean Sat, Jan-17-04 13:24

You're VERY welcome here!!! And I'm nearly caught up to where you're starting out!!

Personally, I NEVER did a diet in my life (well I did try Atkins once before for two weeks), but once I tried Somersizing (which is a little more flexible), I haven't looked back! I' loving it and I see no reason why I can't stick with this FOR LIFE!! And that's what's REALLY IMPORTANT!!

God bless!

SusieQQ Sat, Jan-17-04 14:09

Welcome aboard, it will be a journey you will never forget.

Susan

Wynter Sat, Jan-17-04 16:37

Welcome!!!

It's wonderful that you're both doing it together and can support each other!!!

Good luck & may the woosh fairy be a frequent visitor in your home!

Wynter

redawn Sat, Jan-17-04 17:14

WELCOME WELCOME! redawn:)

Charran Sat, Jan-17-04 18:01

Welcome and congrats on taking that first step. There is a alot of inspiration and advise to be found here. I know you'll love being here!

tlmarshall Sat, Jan-17-04 18:22

It's a pretty great place to hang your hat and visit during the day...and some much information shared!

fluffybear Sun, Jan-18-04 12:46

Welcom,

This is a nice friendly place to get encouragement and support for weight loss.

I have tried out many wieght loss boards but this one is the best I've seen.

Fluffybear