Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   new here eager to meet you!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=102716)

momto4 Fri, May-02-03 19:52

new here eager to meet you!!

:wave: HI EVERYONE NEW HERE AND EAGER TO MEET EVERYONE.I HAVE A LITTLE OVER 100 POUNDS TO LOSE AND EXCITED TO GET STARTED.AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL BY MY NAME I HAVE 4 CHILDREN AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I CAN RUN AND PLAY IN THE YARD WITH THEM WITHOUT HAVING TO TAKE A BREAK AND SIT FOR A WHILE :mad: I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING SOME NEW FRIENDS TO SHARE MY JOURNEY WITH.HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT LC DAY AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE SOON! :)

DarB Fri, May-02-03 20:54

Welcome Momof4...this is a great forum..everyone is very nice, and helpful...good support.
I am new here too, and am looking for support buddies too... :wave:

Lessara Fri, May-02-03 22:37

Hi

A mother of two coming to say Hi!
I hope we do see more of you, that would be great.
Start a journal and we can stop by to talk with you more and see how you are doing. What plan are you on?
:wave:

Sh'ra Fri, May-02-03 22:56

Howdy! I ditched low-carb and came back, and boy am I glad! :) Welcome aboard! the people here are great, and you can't beat the support and the tips.

I know what you mean about chasing your children around and wanting the energy to do it. One of the things that brought me back to low-carb was a recent trip to New Orleans - after a full day of wandering the French Quarter, the next day on a Garden district walking tour, and the next day more French Quarter - I was in near tears because my feet (in good shoes, mind you) hurt so badly from carrying around all this extra weight. I mean, they really hurt!

I like to think of all the things I'll be able to do once the weight is off (after two weeks on Induction, I already feel much better, and my clothes are looser). But back to the things I'll be able to do:

1. Get on a roller coaster without having to walk off in humiliation because my butt didn't fit in the seat.

2. Get on a plane in coach without worrying about spilling over into the seat next to me.

3. Walk and sightsee without wanting to cut off my feet from pain at the end of the day.

4. Not have to pay twice as much for my clothing (notice that plus-sized clothing is exhorbitant?)

5. Be able to share a chair with my hubby.

6. **close your eyes if you're easily embarassed** Be able to have sex without my flab getting in the way of my breathing....or my self-consciousness getting in the way of my enjoyment.

7. Taking a walk on the beach in a swimsuit without being self-conscious or making self-deprecating jokes like "I hope someone doesn't see me and try to push me back into the water, thinking I've beached myself."

8. Being able to run again - I used to love to run.

The list goes on and on - and every time I get discouraged, I'm going to add to it.

Okay, got off on a little rabbit trail - but it might help you in the beginning - to visualize all the things you'll be able to do when the weight is gone and the energy is back!

Sh'ra

liz175 Sat, May-03-03 08:26

Welcome momto 4,

One of the nice benefits of this way of eating is that I can now keep up with my 13-year-old daughter on shopping trips to the mall. A year ago, I had to sit down and wait while she shopped. Now I can stay on my feet for hours. It has really helped our relationship that I can do more things with her that she enjoys doing.

momto4 Sat, May-03-03 08:42

thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome. :) I feel like I've found a great bunch of supportive people here and I think this is exactly what I needed.thanks again!!

saski Sat, May-03-03 13:11

Welcome Momto4!!

Chloë Mae Sat, May-03-03 19:06

Welcome, Momto4.

We are a great bunch of people with lots of helpful information and encouragement.

Glad to know you.

thebigman Sun, May-04-03 13:22

Hi

Welcome mumto4 from dadto3

It's good to have you on board, hope your journey is made easier by all the good folk on this forum. Is it not great that we all have a simillar challenge, and can support each other.

Have a great week.

Graeme :wave: