Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Benefit of this Atkin's Board (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=110960)

gracecame Wed, Jun-04-03 00:37

Benefit of this Atkin's Board

Years ago (as a student) I worked for a Market Research Firm where polls were a mainstay. I find them very informative (even these unscientific ones) and hope you don't mind indulging me.

If your answer is "none of the above" or you'd just like to share more about why you answered how you did, I'd love to read your comments! Peace

FionaMcB Wed, Jun-04-03 00:59

My answer is All of the Above. I couldn't make it without this board. Lots of tremendous support and information, plus excellent recipes.

gracecame Wed, Jun-04-03 01:03

AMEN to that! :)

Was hoping people might choose the number one but even for myself it's a combo of these. I guess number one has been the advice to help me better understand Atkin's. Without that my program wouldn't be as clean and understanding this WOL is my personal number one priority!

violet30 Wed, Jun-04-03 02:52

Definitely all of the above. Sharing joy in other's victories, sharing that "yeah...done that too" feeling when someone cheats, being able to get good answers to questions, everything is what makes this place so great!!!! :D

MisterE Wed, Jun-04-03 03:03

Still think you needed an "all of the above" category. Definately works for me.

wordlady Wed, Jun-04-03 04:02

I learn something here just about every day; that's my favorite thing. The more I know, the easier it is.

debmarjs Wed, Jun-04-03 06:02

I say all of the above. This board is great and I visit daily. I find this board very informative and supportive. This board and the wonderful people on this board helped me get to where I am now and I look forward to the continued support while losing my weight for good! Thanks

37-48Ford Wed, Jun-04-03 06:13

Another Vote For.......

All of the above!

Best Wishes
Julie :wave:

mammoth Wed, Jun-04-03 07:17

All of the above!

I too, learn something new and helpful here, everyday! I find recipes(Well, I did not get fat by not paying attention to food!)...eating tips...general tips that help me stay focused...and just reading what others are "going through" is helpful and I learn from that also!

It is just a comfort to have this "safe haven" of wonderful people...people who understand completely...even more then my family members do...to go to!

No one understands like those HERE...who live it every day!
We all live seperate lives and do "what we do"..but on this one single item, we ALL share a common interst and goal!
Its so nice to "blend-in" and "Fit"!
Now...pass the kleenex! LOL!

Very best to all;
Jake

black57 Wed, Jun-04-03 07:53

I enjoy the company and the conversations of informed people. I get tired of having to discuss this with someone who does not know how the diet works. I enjoy the ups and downs that we all have to deal with and I also like when someone has a problem they don't blame the diet but they make adjustments.

Thanks,
Black57

Ellen-mom Wed, Jun-04-03 08:03

I like knowing I am not alone. Having all these other people out there going through the same thing is great. Especially when we are all successes!!!

LadyBelle Wed, Jun-04-03 09:04

I love being able to ask questions about LC where a regular weight loss bored would just leacture me about eating more carbs. I also love being able to jump on and talk about a great new product I just discovered, a personal goal, or a great deal I found with people who will understand and not just nod and pat me on the head.

atiaran Wed, Jun-04-03 09:54

You forgot to put in "a reason to goof off at work". :D

MocaGyrl Wed, Jun-04-03 10:31

I voted support/stories, but it's really a toss up between that & getting info. Since noone I know personally has had success with Atkins, I have some concerns that have been answered here. Since doing it for only 5 months, between my bf I &, we "recruited" 6 ppl onto Atkins & they've been successful! :thup:

cdnbarbie Wed, Jun-04-03 11:18

I think the collective knowledge from people who have gone before, or are walking the pathway along beside me, is awesome and invaluable!

Everyone reacts a little differently emtionally and physically to aspects of this new lifestyle and it's reassuring to have a 'heads up' on any possible complications BEFORE you run into any of them yourself.

I feel so much more informed every day when I read other's postings.

PS I love the recipe boards!!! I've discovered the joy of cooking again and am turning quite domestic once more! Plus hubby loves all the low-carb recipes so far. Bonus!!!