Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   [CKD] calculating carbs? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=53001)

geoffrey Sat, Jul-27-02 11:26

calculating carbs?

How exactly do I calculate how many carbs I should consume during a 24 hour carb up? Also, do i have to count calories as well? From what I have read on this forum most of you just eat anything with low fat, high carb on carb up days, does that mean you do not need to worry about going from high GI carbs to low GI carbs when doing a 24 hour carb up? I think thats it for now. :wave:

take care,
Geoffrey

cmorera Sat, Jul-27-02 12:04

Ill save TrainerDan and Fern and Zues the breath, goto stick thread 'calorie calculator' (3 from top) and there is a link that has a java script calorie (and that includes carbohydrates) calculator for carb-up. If you still have questions after reading that, post them here.

geoffrey Sat, Jul-27-02 12:10

Cmorera,
I used the carb calculator, but that was made for a 48 hour carb up. Should I consume all those carbs meant for 2 days in just 1 day?

cmorera Sat, Jul-27-02 12:22

Yeah, so this basically tell you how much carbs are needed to repleninsh and supercompensate your muscles and glycogen stores (alkthough I don't think liver stores supercompensate) The time period I is not imporant as the raw amount of carbs you consume, so if you can do it in 5 minutes, power to ya. Don't do anything dangerous though like burst your stomach.

Zeus Sun, Jul-28-02 21:06

Quote:
The time period I is not imporant as the raw amount of carbs you consume, so if you can do it in 5 minutes, power to ya. Don't do anything dangerous though like burst your stomach.

-I'm going to have to correct you here. Lets refer to 'The Ketogenic Diet' (by Lyle McDonald)... shall we? He states:
"Regardless of carbohydrate intake, there is a maximal amount of glycogen which can be synthesized in a given amount of time, meaning that consuming all the necessary carbohydrates in a 4 hour time span, with the goal of returning to ketogenic eating that much sooner, will not work. Only when the proper amount of carbohydrates is consumed over a sufficient period of time, can glycogen compensation and/or supercompensation occur."

cmorera Sun, Jul-28-02 21:17

Ah ha! I stand correctered. I don't think my original post counts since I was playing Warcraft III at the time, so I wasn't 'all there' so to speak.

BTW, anyone played that??? It is such the awesome game I can't believe it.

Zeus Sun, Jul-28-02 21:26

Quote:
Ah ha! I stand correctered. I don't think my original post counts since I was playing Warcraft III at the time, so I wasn't 'all there' so to speak.

BTW, anyone played that??? It is such the awesome game I can't believe it.

-Can't say I have. However, I have been playing 'Grand Theft Auto 3' a lot lately.