Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Vodka (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=133852)

serrelind Fri, Aug-29-03 12:28

Vodka

I heard vodka is a good substitute for wine or beer because it contains no carbs. Anyone had a bad experience with vodka?

iceman24 Fri, Aug-29-03 12:33

Ur body will burn vodka as fuel instead of fat. After its done with it it will switch over again:)

serrelind Fri, Aug-29-03 12:39

lol good to know!

Natrushka Fri, Aug-29-03 13:02

Yes, and alcohol not only gets burned before fat (alcohol is like jet fuel to your body, it's almost ketones already) it will dehydrate you. However, it won't knock you out of ketosis (due to the fact that it gets burned as ketones).

-Nat

TES Fri, Aug-29-03 13:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrelind
Anyone had a bad experience with vodka?

Hi!
I've had a lot of experience with vodka....most of it good :)
T.

mizzourah Fri, Aug-29-03 13:44

Have I had any bad experiences with vodka?

OOOHHhhh yeah. There was the one morning where I woke up on the couch in my underwear...but it wasn't my house, and um yeah...it wasn't my underwear either...

HA! :)

-Mizzou-rah!

serrelind Fri, Aug-29-03 13:51

hahaha :roll:

serrelind Fri, Aug-29-03 13:52

Natrushka, ahhh. I didn't know it gets burned as ketone bodies.

Well vodka doesn't have a lot of calories.. and with so much proof in it, it should give me a good knock with a couple of tbsps in my soda :D

gawdess Fri, Aug-29-03 14:31

Bad Experience with Vodka? nope

Tequila is another story!

MetilHed Sat, Aug-30-03 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TES
Hi!
I've had a lot of experience with vodka....most of it good :)
T.

I second that. Although a lot of people thought I was nuts for going from Vodka and lemonade to vodka and uhh vodka (with a water side).

Met

suntanlove Sat, Aug-30-03 04:02

What about Khalua.I love it with cream.How many carbs init?Does it burn off also? Maybe we should switch to low carb alcohol diet hahah

fishie48 Sat, Aug-30-03 05:04

Once I drank vodka and rasberry diet rite soda, sitting on the dock, watching the boats go by, was terrific and didn't seem to have a negative affect on my weight loss that week.

LadyBelle Sat, Aug-30-03 09:51

Kalua and other cream type lequires can be really high carb. Some can be up to 20g per oz. You can make a mockkalua, there is a recipe in Diana Carpenters 500 Low-Carb Recipes. SHe also has a recipe for making a cheesecake out of the mock kalua.

kellyuk Sat, Aug-30-03 10:04

mmmm, vodka and diet coke :D

Here are two other vodka ideas:

take some lemon flavoured vodka (I used Absolut Lemon) and mix with a little Splenda and marscapone cheese for a truly decadent dessert

take some vodka from the freezer and add in a few drops of natural vanilla essence, add a tiny bit of Splenda if you like it sweet and you have vanilla flavoured vodka without paying the store price!

take a bottle of vodka and put into a wide-mouthed jug or bowl, split and add in 5 whole chilli's and 2 quartered limes, leave for at least 48 hours, strain and freeze, it's a great unusual flavour and don't discard the chilli's and lime, use them in cooking :D

Angel66668 Sat, Aug-30-03 10:10

You get drunk a lot quicker now so be careful