Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Walking my Way Down!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179956)

charleez Wed, Apr-21-04 21:22

Walking my Way Down!!!

Ok, this is my first attempt at exercise on this new eating regimen.

I walked at about 4 mph and about 40 min completing about 2.5 miles today.

I am very pleased for me at my first day of exercise on atkins. I like the idea of a log because that way I can keep up with it.

Charlie girl

charleez Tue, Apr-27-04 00:45

OK Heels are better

Went back to walking tonight. Did two miles at about 4.5 mph. Man is it hot in So. California. At 11PM (I'd get sunstroke if I did it at 4pm) I was burning up big time!!!!

charleez Fri, Oct-15-04 22:40

Updating gym log - knees are killing me but chair aerobics are the best I can do right now. Do not ask me what I did (I think it's the weight). I'm figuring a few weeks on induction will put me back on the pavement. (back on day 4 right now).

At least it's movement. :tears:

Charlie Girl

charleez Sun, Oct-17-04 20:56

Feeling good despite my recent slip. I did 2.5 miles of walking tonight though there was gloomy weather out there. It seems to help me work harder and man it felt great. I found my knee pain went away after the exercise. It's there if I climb steep steps but otherwise it's a lot better!!!!

Charlie Girl :p

charleez Thu, Oct-21-04 09:26

I did another 2 miles yesterday in walking - felt great and my knees are feeling better for it. I don't have the pain I used to have. I am so taking glucosamine so that may be helping a bit. I find going out with my portable cd player gets me going and I can just keep the walk up that way. There's nothing like a little exercise to make you feel better.

Charlie Girl

charleez Thu, Oct-21-04 20:46

Okay, let's make this simple 3 miles today walking and it was cool. It felt so good, I haven't felt this good in 9 years!!!

Charlie Girl

beejereeno Fri, Oct-22-04 17:34

Hey Charlie Girl

You're doing great, keep it up! :cheer:

I willl be starting vigorous exercise regimen and a log like this too (soon as my knees feel better as well!)

charleez Fri, Oct-22-04 22:55

Thanks Beej, I love your ticker factory - it's so cute!!!

I did 3.5 miles today and loved it (at least I hope I am counting these miles right :D ). I just love the feeling of the sweat and the euphoria. I kind of overdid it tonight. I wasn't quite ready to do the 3.5 miles because I didn't get quite the euphoria I'm used to getting. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

charleez Sat, Oct-23-04 23:15

I lost track of the miles I walked today. I just felt good. I don't think I did quite as many as I did yesterday. Tonight I'm going to do some calisthenics and work on upper body.

charleez Mon, Oct-25-04 08:58

Only did a couple of miles last night. I was extremely tired but did walk just to keep up on the exercise. Hopefully tonight I'll be more accustomed to working at it.

charleez Thu, Oct-28-04 21:49

Finally got back at the walking tonight. Did 1.5miles since it was late. May not get to exercising again until Sunday. We'll see. Having a huge party that I'm doing this weekend for Halloween.

charleez Thu, Nov-18-04 23:22

This is sad, I haven't been on here since Halloween but I really have been working on my weight!!!! I'm down another 8 lbs and I walk virtually every night now. That's what happens when you don't regularly log on. Did 1.5 miles tonight. Some days more, some days less but I like to keep that old metabolism going.

beejereeno Sun, Nov-28-04 15:18

Hey CG-

Wow another 8 down??! Good for you! How's your weekend been hon? Come back and talk to me, hey?!

beejereeno Tue, Nov-30-04 21:23

Hey CG-

where in sam heck are ya at, chickie?!! Come back, I miss you! :rheart: