Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What to Drink With Vodka (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=119726)

Alienlarrs Thu, Jul-03-03 09:11

What to Drink With Vodka

As some of you may know I'm a booze hound and I've stuck to drinking Vodka as it has little or no carbs. However I'm having serious problems with the mixer.. OJ is out. I can't drink Coke because I'm caffeine intolerant. Cranberry has too many Carbs. I'm on Diet Lemonade atm but the evil schweppes company won't put their contents on the bottles. Has anybody got any good ideas of a mixer?

Thanks
Larrs

Kahena Thu, Jul-03-03 09:14

My fave with Vodka has always been Tonic, slimline of course.

Helen.

Myeika Tue, Jul-08-03 04:16

I only have diet coke with mine sorry!
My son has something called "Red Bull" with his...don't know about the CC in that though!
TTFN
Myeika

Elixia Tue, Jul-08-03 05:30

Vodka, Lime and water is fantastic - either SF lime Juice if you are a sweet tooth or real lime juice if you like it a bit more sour. Either way total carb per drink is about 1g.

Alienlarrs Tue, Jul-08-03 06:31

Thanks all. I've actually tried Vodka water and lime and its pretty good. Doesn't do much for the old hangovers though.. Does anyone know of a decent milk substitute I used to drink So Good and provamel or something similar but its too many carbs.. And i really miss my vodka and milk drink!

Cheers
Larrs.

Karla Tue, Jul-08-03 08:11

Vodka And Milk!!!!!

Sheesh - in my entire life I have only encountered one other person who drank vodka and milk; the father of one my high school friends. Have you thought of trying vodka and heavy cream instead? Or the ever popular martini? For my one drink a week I have mainly classic martinis (with gin) or gin and sugar-free tonic.

Karla

SteveH57 Tue, Jul-08-03 11:00

Red Bull

Hi

l would say Red Bull is out.

a 250ml can has, Cals - 113 , Protein - Nil, Fat - Nil, Carbs - 28.3g
plus caffeine.

Steve

kellyuk Tue, Jul-08-03 16:52

Tonight I picked up a bottle of Absolut Citron Vodka (lemon flavoured vodka) at my local supermarket (Somerfields) for £11.90, I stuck it in the freezer and it is yummy with no mixers :)

jennyxcali Tue, Jul-15-03 06:25

Caffeine free diet coke

Hi

I love vodka and I have given up caffeine since I started LCing. I have tried to stay away from alcohol but I am guilty of a few drinks. I saw that you were intolerant to caffeine so have you tried
Caffeine Free Diet Coke
It tastes really nice too.

Good luck and I will have a think about this some more

:wave: Jenny

siobhan Fri, Jul-18-03 09:23

I drink vodka and Diet 7up it's really nice and does not cause me to stall.

cori Fri, Jul-18-03 11:49

Ok, this is childish, but if don't have to "drink" your booze, you could always make jello shots with sf jello. yummy!

tholian8 Sun, Jul-20-03 17:17

You could make a mock "Black Russian" with a bit of leftover coffee, Splenda, cream and vodka.

Just a thought.

kellyuk Mon, Jul-21-03 15:34

Jello shots and Black Russians, oh hell now you've got me droooooling!

nibyy71 Tue, Jul-22-03 01:13

wow, thanx for asking this! im due on a girlie night out and was dreading having to drink pure vodka, i usually have red bull, gonna try out the water and lime............ just wanted to add a word of caution, most diet soft drinks have aspartame in them which is a no-no on atkins (though i suppose it depends what low carb diet you're on whether it affects u or not)

lburnikell Sat, Jul-26-03 03:24

caffenine free diet coke theres not much difference I will be drinking the tipple tonight laced with Vodka of course