Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone try Kellogs Special K "Carb-Fit"? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=219240)

callahan Thu, Nov-11-04 20:56

Anyone try Kellogs Special K "Carb-Fit"?

it tastes great and it is sweeted with Sucralose...

-Callahan-

BigGutt Fri, Nov-12-04 15:37

Can someone tell me what Sucralose is please?
I assumed it was Sugar?!
Peter

LukeA Fri, Nov-12-04 16:01

Sucralose is splenda, without added fillers like maltodextrin. :)

I havent tried this cereal because somebody told me it contains hydrogenated oil. Anybody know if that really is the case?

potatofree Fri, Nov-12-04 18:09

If it DOES, it would barely be a trace... hardly enough to be a problem. I always figure if I've eliminated all MAJOR sources like margarine, vegetable shortening, crackers, cookies, etc., I can afford the chance of a drop in a whole box of cereal. ;)

BigGutt Sat, Nov-13-04 17:24

Thanks for the tip!

Karen Sun, Nov-14-04 12:34

No hydrogenated fats, but it does contain sugar and high fructose corn syrup. Keep in mind that it is 9 grams of carbohydrate in a 3/4 cup serving.

Ingredients:

Wheat bran, soy grits, rice, wheat gluten, soybean oil, whole grain wheat, soy protein isolate, sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, malt flavor, natural and artificial flavor, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), sucralose, alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), reduced iron, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), vitamin A palmitate, folic acid and vitamin B12.

Karen

LukeA Sun, Nov-14-04 13:54

Thanks for the information karen!

Tired Tue, Nov-16-04 10:43

I tried it a couple of mornings and it was just too high in carbs and I didn't lose that week.

Tired Tue, Nov-16-04 10:51

I tried it a couple of mornings and it was just too high in carbs and I didn't lose that week.

wils Tue, Nov-16-04 17:12

Not even tempted, never was much of a cereal eater, I always thought it was a lot of money for very little, and wth low carb cereal that's even more true. I'd rather have Karen's FLax Porridge, but to get that recipe you have to buy her new cookbook!

Caroline30 Tue, Nov-16-04 17:54

I was just eyeing that recipe!!!!! :)

Karen Tue, Nov-16-04 18:17

Quote:
I'd rather have Karen's FLax Porridge, but to get that recipe you have to buy her new cookbook!
The Gra(no)la in the book is fab for a cereal, if I don't say so myself. :) Ground, it makes a great crumb crust.

Karen

wils Sun, Nov-21-04 16:47

Decided to try the Gra(no)la recipe, but didn't have albumen (dried egg whites) or soy flakes, so I just doubled the TVP and used a regular egg white. Very tasty ! I can see this is another keeper recipe. Thanks Karen.

Karen Sun, Nov-21-04 18:45

Quote:
Decided to try the Gra(no)la recipe, but didn't have albumen (dried egg whites) or soy flakes, so I just doubled the TVP and used a regular egg white.
Beat the egg white until its foamy, but not stiff the next time you make it. It covers the ingredients a little better.

Karen

carrot-top Mon, Nov-22-04 06:39

Crush them and use then as a coating on chicken. Yum! Also I have crushed them to use as a base for a cheesecake. I am allergic to nuts so the almond options are not available to me.