Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How about Atkins shakes? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=128768)

tina-mich Thu, Aug-07-03 07:18

How about Atkins shakes?

Just wondering if anyone has had Akins shakes in plave of a meal?

tina-mich Thu, Aug-07-03 07:24

Sorry I should of checked my spelling. I just would like to know if anyone does Atkins shakes in place of a meal? Thanks Tina

AzureMoon Thu, Aug-07-03 07:35

Hi, Tina.

Sorry, I've not tried the shakes since they remind me of my fail diet on Slim Fast. ;) And they are rather pricey.

By the way, you can edit your posts by clicking on the Edit/Delete icon down in the bottom right corner of the post.

yvonne326 Thu, Aug-07-03 07:43

Yes...when I was losing fairly great I replaced breakfast or snack with a Shake. I have now resumed this a few times a week and back on losing streak. I am rarely "hungry" in the mornings and this ensures that I get something in me.

Try the EAS AdvantEdge Carb-Control R-T-D- shakes too ...

Bob_the_In Thu, Aug-07-03 08:35

Tried a Keto Shake the other day and anyone who thinks it tastes remotely like a nice strawberry milkshake has been doing Atkins way too long...

It was pretty foul and I am going to stick to the naturally low carb foods from now on...

20b430 Thu, Aug-07-03 08:40

I tried the atkins shakes,,,,and loved them, unfortunately, it slowed my weight down.....alot. They actually caused me to go into a stall.
Then it could have been b/c I was using them during induction.....however, I did follow the menu in the book DANDR.....who knows guess it's not for everyone! :)

tracyw Thu, Aug-07-03 08:42

I have been enjoying the chocolate peanutbutter ketoshakes andi find them to be delicious. I prefer mixing them with plain wholemilk yogurt and eating instead of drinking. But they are also good with some cream and then water to thin it out a bit. Yummy! I just received Strawberry and Cappucino flavors in the mail but I haven't tried them yet.

Bob- how did you prepare yours?

KristyC Thu, Aug-07-03 10:07

I occasionally drink one. I bought some the other day and have had them for breakfast this week.

TES Thu, Aug-07-03 10:08

Hi,
I have an Atkins shake for a meal replacement about 5 or 6 times a week with no problems. I use the vanilla & chocolate ones with only 1 carb. They also have lots of good stuff in them.
Best wishes,
T.

tina-mich Thu, Aug-07-03 10:19

Thanks for the info. I see that alot of you's are doing great on your weight loss. Tes have you had the shakes 5 or 6 times a week since you began in March or has it been recently. You are just about to your goal that is great. You probably feel better also. Take care Tina

TES Thu, Aug-07-03 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina-mich
Tes have you had the shakes 5 or 6 times a week since you began in March or has it been recently. You are just about to your goal that is great. You probably feel better also. Take care Tina

Hi Tina,

I started doing Atkins in November and got into the shakes about a month later, having them just occasionally, 2-3/week. It has only been in the last several months, after my weight loss slowed to about 2-3 pounds/month that I have increased to 5-6. I always use them as a meal, not a snack. The low calorie content and high nutrients make them ideal for me, plus they keep my hunger away for 3-4 hours even when I am very active.

Yes, I am feeling pretty good and expect to keep going past my goal, and also to keep this as a way of life. You are going to do fantastic with this also.

Wishing you success,
T.

Bob_the_In Fri, Aug-08-03 02:50

tracyw - It was a strawberry one and I mixed it with 8 fl oz of water as stated on the packet..

I imagine you could probably do something like mixing it with whipping cream to make a desert, anyone tried that?

Fiona mcK Fri, Aug-08-03 03:49

I had the strawberry ATkins shake for dinner last night and it was GOOD and it held me all night... of course now at 5:55 AM I am ready to eat!

vicrock Fri, Aug-08-03 08:49

I keep the Atkins RTD shakes at work in case I don't have time to make and take a lunch with me - they do hold me until I get home - and I am losing pretty well with them.

The secret, for me, is to put them in the freezer for at least an hour before I plan to drink them - having them really cold helps.

csolyn Fri, Aug-08-03 22:46

Shake w/ heavy cream makes mousse!

I mix the shake with heavy wipped cream and make a mousse.

Put 1 cup heavy cream in mixer and blend until ALMOST whipped cream.
Slowly add in the shake and 1 fake sugar packet until it reaches the consistency you like.

Yummm

Cybil