Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   when will i see the difference? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125567)

newbie Fri, Jul-25-03 06:09

when will i see the difference?

Hey everyone! I've been on this diet since Mon. It's now Friday, and I've lost 2 lbs. but I was also sick, so I don't know whether to account the weight loss to that or the diet. I bought some of those ketostix and I'm in the dark pink/light purple area. I'm assuming this means I'm in ketosis right now. Can anyone tell me when they started noticing a difference in weight change? Also, how often did u exercise?

Thanks!!!

kellyuk Fri, Jul-25-03 07:52

Hi, if the sticks show a colour change then yes, you are in ketosis - congratulations!

As to the weight loss, everyone is different, I have much more to lose than you and lost quite a lot in my first week which then slowed, I didn't lose anything for 3 weeks but I did go from a size 22 to 18 in the first month.

Hope that helps, but keep in mind that your body will lose at it's own rate :)

Saccharine Fri, Jul-25-03 08:28

i've been told in this forum that the average loss for the two week induction phase should be somewhere around 10% of the amount of weight you want to lose. general rule of thumb after that is 5% of how much you want to lose per week. everyone seems to be losing at different rates though, so i dont know if this can be used as a rule of thumb well or not. congrats for being in ketosis! :)

fishburg Fri, Jul-25-03 08:55

When I restarted lowcarbing just over a couple of weeks ago I was upset that I lost only two lbs in the first week then to my suprise TOM came that weekend and I was down 10 overnight!! Tommy can make it seem that you are losing slowly but then whoosh!!!! You are on the right track and using the stick helps prove it. I know that many people do not like the stick but it helps me keep focus.

You are doing a great job keep up the good work!!!

BublyBlond Fri, Jul-25-03 09:05

I've been on Atkins for just over 2 months now and in my first month I dropped 19 pounds! :yay: Since then I have been in a MAJOR STALL :tears: I can't seem to loose at least 20 pounds, I'm literally stuck at 19! Everyone is different. But that first month I just watched the weight fall off and all my friends noticed a big difference in my appearance.
Give it time. Remember, it took time to put it on, and it will take time to take it off also! :roll: You've only been doing this a week!
Be patient it will happen. And stick with it, it's a GREAT way of life and you'll feel so much better :Party:

TammyColo Fri, Jul-25-03 10:04

I am in day 11, down 3.5 lbs, I have not noticed yet but I am trying to stay motivated I am hoping once my TOM ends I will drop even more. I have not started exercising yet but that is my goal for this next week. Hang in there!!

Jannie Fri, Jul-25-03 17:28

I noticed a change between 5-10 lbs. It give your spirits such a boost!! Kee going, you'll get there!!

:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

94513 Fri, Jul-25-03 17:44

Sorry to read you were sick, truely hope that has past. Some of us haven't even lost anything - even finishing my 3rd week on Induction! So in my view, I wish I was you. But, inches can be lost without the scale showing it. I am so happy to be off the NEED for sugar or caffine, which are really be achivements for all of us.

Keep with it and you will be successful!