Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Any Low Carbers in Indiana? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=52549)

chunkybutt Tue, Jul-23-02 23:53

Any Low Carbers in Indiana?

Any Hoosiers out there?

Chunky Butt :wave:

kmarie1351 Mon, Aug-05-02 11:15

Not a Hoosier

Technically, I'm a Boilermaker, not a Hoosier. Don't you find LCing in IN difficult? We are DEFINITELY the fattest state I've ever lived in.

reech4strz Tue, Aug-13-02 10:39

HOOSIER

YES ! I sure am have lived here all my life, Mooresville to be exact. How about you?

kmarie1351 Tue, Aug-13-02 11:03

Just passin' through

I grew up near Chicago, and now I'm a lecturer at Purdue... so I'm just here for a few years. I suppose that I'll stick around for two or three more, then move back to Chicago.

BeccaResRN Sat, Aug-24-02 16:25

From Indiana Too

Ok so I'm in Arizona right now and for the last year but I am a Hoosier for life born and raised my whole life southside Indianapolis Indiana.
I take all my vacations in Indiana and am counting the months and days until I can move back.
i have friend that lives in Moorseville and when i get back we may try to find a place down there its nice

Well good luck

chunkybutt Sat, Aug-24-02 16:34

kmarie, I didnt realize you were at purdue - what subject do you lecture?

And becca -- Good Luck Low Carbing!!!!!

kmarie1351 Sun, Aug-25-02 11:37

Hail Purdue

I teach THTR 201 (Theatre Appreciation). It's funny... 1/2 the theatre division seems to be low carbing now! My grad students, undergrads, even faculty. Maybe we can get more Boilers to eat those tailgating hamburgers and brats without the buns!

Geekgirl Thu, Sep-05-02 12:53

New Hoosier girl here. I'm in Indianapolis and moved here 3 years ago. Just thought I'd say hi to you Indy girls.

nikkiend Thu, Sep-12-02 07:50

Hi there. I was born and raised a Hoosier (Warsaw, if you've heard of it) but I now live in Florida. I was just there last month for vacation and it was SOOOO nice and relaxing. I would think about moving back if it weren't for the brutal winters. Can't handle them anymore. Went to Indy and saw Jimmy Buffett. That was alot of fun. I really miss the nature there. I do have to say that Indiana is a fat state! Everything is breaded! I did cheat while I was there and one of the things I absolutely HAD to have was a breaded cheeseburger. YUMMMMM!

kmarie1351 Thu, Sep-12-02 09:42

Breaded cheeseburger?

Ok, I've never even HEARD of a breaded cheeseburger. And I must say that our winters lately have been pleasantly mild, though not as mild as Florida's. But I'll trade a little bit of Indiana snow for all the bugs, humidity, and sweat of a Florida summer!
:D

nikkiend Thu, Sep-12-02 09:50

Yes, it does get hot here, but your summers seem to be heating up pretty good. I was really lucky when I was there~the weather had cooled off and it was gorgeous! We do have mosquitos that could carry off small children at times. My favorite time here is the winter. It's 6 of one, a half dozen of the other.

pammie Sat, Sep-14-02 21:03

Small World

I grew up in Mooresville!!!!

Tiggerdy Wed, Feb-19-03 11:38

Go Boilers!

I'm a transplant from Chicago to NW Indiana although I did a 6 year stint in W. Laf. for school/work.

Anyone around from NW Indiana?

Happy LCing!
Nikki :daizy:

Jenny6802 Mon, Mar-24-03 01:03

Hi Im from Indiana too. I just wanted to say hi to everyone here.

Tiggerdy Mon, Mar-24-03 09:19

Hi Jenny6802!

My husband is from Fortville... small world!

Nikki :daizy: