Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Chicken in Cream Cheese Sauce (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28206)

RamonaK Mon, Dec-24-01 10:38

Chicken in Cream Cheese Sauce

This recipe is tasty.. quick to prepare.

I start with frozen chicken, this recipe is good with either breasts or thighs. I thaw until icy. Cooking them this way keeps them moist while cooking. I saute with a butter until golden brown.

Then add, a bit of 1/2 and 1/2, I usually use enough to create light coating, say around 1/8 cup, not alot. Then add the cream cheese.. according to preference. While stirring, continue to cook over medium until 1/2 and 1/2 combine with cheese to make a light sauce.

I then put my favorite vegetable in a wide soup bowl and then place chicken on top or next to vegetable and pour sauce over the top. Eat with fork and spoon!!!

I did not do specific food counts on this either, it depend on the number of people you are cooking for etc..

Enjoy~

deltamike Fri, Mar-15-02 12:36

OK and this I like

Being a guy I hate to cook, am not good at it, and usually wind up starting a fire. That said I can cook meat. Usually just broiled with some garlic salt. I happen to love meat so that’s not really a problem.
Any way I found this, made it (did not start a fire) and loved it. I have been looking for things that are easy for a single non-cooking type guy to make and I finally found one.
Thank you very very much for posting it :D
Dave

missymagoo Sat, Jun-25-05 23:05

sounds good. sue

LadyBelle Wed, Aug-17-05 15:38

I used the microwave for this (my in a hurry side) and added peaches to the sauce. turned out great.

Iowagirl Wed, Sep-07-05 07:37

I will make this tonight, serve over spaghetti squash. Thanks for posting!

Iowagirl Wed, Sep-07-05 09:09

I'm so excited I posted this twice.

Sonia567 Thu, Jan-08-09 15:26

I make this all the time. It works with any meat and any veges. One of my faves is to cut up leftover cooked chicken (or even hot dogs) into chunks and brown in butter. Then add cut up fresh veges (I love to use sliced mushrooms and green beans) and brown them. Then add the cream cheese and 1/2 and 1/2 and make the sauce. It tastes awesome. My kids love this too.

Mousesmom Thu, Jan-08-09 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia567
I make this all the time. It works with any meat and any veges. One of my faves is to cut up leftover cooked chicken (or even hot dogs) into chunks and brown in butter. Then add cut up fresh veges (I love to use sliced mushrooms and green beans) and brown them. Then add the cream cheese and 1/2 and 1/2 and make the sauce. It tastes awesome. My kids love this too.

I do something similar - except I make a cheese sauce out of softened cream cheese and melted cheddar with spices.

This works even for me who hates to cook!!

Julie

ccambronau Thu, Jan-08-09 18:47

This is YUMMY!!!

mintyshiny Fri, Nov-11-11 23:25

1/2 and 1/2?

Sorry but what is 1/2 and 1/2? I live in New Zealand and I've never heard of it... :help: This recipe sounds so good I can't wait to try it!

rightnow Sat, Nov-12-11 01:19

mintyshiny: 1/2 and 1/2 is "half cream and half milk" together.

PJ

mintyshiny Sat, Nov-12-11 13:00

Oh right, thanks! :)

noinwi Thu, Dec-08-11 16:32

I'm glad I saw this...I was stumped for dinner tonight. DH won't eat broc or cauli, but will eat green beans which I have in the freezer. I'm thawing a couple of BS chicken breasts which I had no idea what I was going to do with until now. I'll do what Sonia does using my frozen green beans and a can of shrooms from the cupboard. Maybe toss in some chopped sweet red pepper. Thanks for the ideas!

Namaste! Sun, Sep-23-12 17:08

Gonna try this tonight with some chicken thighs *yum*

Namaste! Sun, Sep-23-12 18:16

O M G !!! This was soooooooo good!! I slightly modified it - I didn't have any 1/2 & 1/2 so I used just a couple tbsp of heavy cream, 1 tbsp of sour cream, 2 tsp of sugar free Peach Jam and about 1/4 block of cream cheese. I fried my chicken thighs in olive oil until the skin got good and crispy and they were cooked through. I piled them on top of some broccoli and topped with the sauce. My sauce was still kinda on the thick side (not sure if this is how it's supposed to be?) but it was absolutely delicious!!! This is definitely going on my favorite recipe list!

[IMG][/IMG]