Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Talking Rain (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161297)

Colleen2 Wed, Jan-21-04 17:02

Talking Rain

Just got back from Burnaby Costco- they have Talking Rain in if anyone is interested.

2BNZUK Wed, Jan-21-04 22:25

I had no idea what it was until I looked it up on the net after reading your post. I assume it's one of the Splenda sweetened beverages they're carrying? Any recommendations -- are there different flavours? I'll keep an eye open at the Richmond Costco.

Thanks for the tip.

Allikins Thu, Jan-22-04 11:11

Talking Rain comes in 24-packs containing 4 flavours...Harvest Peach, Pink Grapefruit, Black Raspberry, Orange Mango. My fave are the peach and black raspberry. I found them quite sweet but a very nice drink in the summer. Each bottle is 474mL (16 fl oz) and sweetened with Splenda. It has 1g carbs per 250mL (1 cup).

sunnywey Thu, Jan-22-04 12:18

I love the orange mango with a bit of Rum + lots of ice.

tlmarshall Thu, Jan-22-04 12:57

oooh thanks!

I was lucky to bring back some from the States....and I had the sparkling water with crazy flavours like rosehip and dandelion. They were really good.

hardcarbs Fri, Jan-23-04 23:18

Jan 23 .... Costco on Lougheed near Boundary had at least two skids of Talking Rain ........ also lots of low carb bread

SweetMel Sat, Jan-24-04 12:59

low carb bread???? The talkin rain are very good......its a nice treat besides water or diet pop. I love the orange mango..mmmmmmmmm yummy!

Allikins Sat, Jan-24-04 17:54

What I do with my talking rain is make jello sometimes. Makes some good flavoured SF jello. I wouldn't recommend using the pink grapefruit though.

updown Sat, Jan-24-04 23:10

it baaaack

Kelowna's costco has talking rain again. Only it looks a little different than when I last bought it. Looking forward to trying the different flavours. They also have lots of atkins bars in cases.

:wiggle:

Allikins Sun, Jan-25-04 12:36

Updown...what flavours were talking rain when you bought them? I'm due to buy more Talking Rain soon. It lasts me forever because I don't drink it often. Only problem with the Atkins cases is that they're a chocolate variety pack and I only like chocolate coconut. So, I usually buy mine at Superstore.

updown Sun, Jan-25-04 14:21

talking rain flavours at costco

Hi Alli

OKay, yesterday the case of 24 was black raspberry, harvest punch, orange mango, and pink gratefruit.

Hope thats helpful t o you!

:wiggle:

Allikins Sun, Jan-25-04 15:17

ok...that's the same as what I had got during the summer.

herryt Fri, Aug-17-12 13:00

Talking Rain Sparkling Ice is in Calgary

I recently went to the US and fell in love with Talking Rain's Sparkling Ice drinks. So today I phoned two Calgary Costco locations and they both have tons of stock. Heritage SW and Beacon Hill NW both have them. 270 cases is what they told me.

So I bought 10 cases of 24 each

Here's why I like them;
- adult flavour, not too sweet like Diet Mountain Dew (which I also like)
- nice and fizzy
- if you are reducing alcohol you can sip these like a cooler / cider and pretend you are having a nice vodka-based drink
- they are carb free!
- they don't use aspartame which is a bonus

One note: the Costco cases of 24 only have 3 flavours; orange-mango, lime, and black-raspberry (or something like that). I would love to know where to get the other 5 flavours that they make (I tried those in the US and they were amazing).

Go to Costco Calgary and grab some!

Thanks to Costco too