Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New addiction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=209736)

Bronx_Guy Thu, Sep-16-04 13:47

New addiction

I've made a couple posts about bad habits and addiction of mine..

Well, I think i found a new one! This Forum!

My god, I cant stop bringing up the page to read who's writing what. I guess it's a newbie thing, I'm so looking for encouragment and such.

But i think this might be borderline obsessive! lol

I need a busier job :)

tom sawyer Thu, Sep-16-04 13:53

Been there, still doing that!

Check out the health forums, and the research forums, and the recipe forums. Then follow links to other low carb pages. Its amazing how much info there is out there.

mem2 Thu, Sep-16-04 14:01

Well, its a healthy addiction, I guess. I was that way at first, but then I had to make a living and go on with my life. Unfortunately that doesn't involve sitting in front of a computer. Anyway, its fun, isn't it?

BadgerGirl Thu, Sep-16-04 14:12

This place is great. It's one of the main reasons I have been able to stick to my LC plan this time around. I love looking at the before and after pictures.

shiNer45 Thu, Sep-16-04 14:36

im here all friggin day, too much i think

Fhyreworks Thu, Sep-16-04 14:36

I love this place :)

taming Thu, Sep-16-04 14:57

Well, on-line support seems to help big time. In 1991 a Brown University study found that people who used the Internet for support around weight loss actually lost 3x as much weight as those people who used the net for information only.

It was a low-fat diet they studied and folks lost an average of 9 pounds if they used the Internet web site the study set up for support and 3 pounds if they did not. The more frequent the participation, the better the weight loss. The support was from professionals, not peer support like here, but I am betting there is some generalizeability.

Has anyone ever looked to see how many people who joined the forums on the same day they did have disappeared? Some (in fact a lot) signed up and never came back even once.

See the study

Mousesmom Thu, Sep-16-04 16:07

Just what I needed - another addiction for my addictive personality.

I find myself up here several times a day. I keep trying to stay inspired and hope that sometimes I can inspire someone else too.

There's much worse things to be addicted to I suppose.... let me see - how about "My name is Julie and I am a recovering carb addict"

Do you think we will end up with a support group for people who are addicted to support groups? ya think?

Enjoy the day.

Julie

mio1996 Thu, Sep-16-04 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx_Guy
I've made a couple posts about bad habits and addiction of mine..

Well, I think i found a new one! This Forum!

My god, I cant stop bringing up the page to read who's writing what. I guess it's a newbie thing, I'm so looking for encouragment and such.

But i think this might be borderline obsessive! lol

I need a busier job :)

Me too, buddy. I work 12 hours or more per day and still manage to steal a few minutes every day for this forum!

shoer Thu, Sep-16-04 18:58

I haven't been on my business chat board for several months (took summer vacation)--but always check this Atkins board several times a day. Well, today I posted a question on my business board and I couldn't get over how...terse?...mean?...sharp?...they are. Guess I was used to this board where people are actually polite to one another.

VickySail Thu, Sep-16-04 19:09

Well, on-line support seems to help big time. In 1991 a Brown University study found that people who used the Internet for support around weight loss actually lost 3x as much weight as those people who used the net for information only.

Unless of course, you're a fatarse like me, who would rather sit and type than get her aspirins out of her chair and exercise! :lol:

Vicky

146pounds Thu, Sep-16-04 21:34

join the club! I found this place back in January and have been coming back to see what people are writing to see if I can incorporate it in my life or to help out if I can. It is addicting.

Nev05 Fri, Sep-17-04 03:08

Me too, I love this site and the support and encouragement is great!
Thanks everyone :lol:

sophotia Fri, Sep-17-04 03:58

Actually I will physically curl up and die if they end up blocking this site at my job. Talk about withdrawal...I mean what do they expect me to do with my time? Work?!!!

kristenv Fri, Sep-17-04 05:22

I love popping in here whenever I have a spare minute!!!!