Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ive only lost a pound! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184693)

jenO4 Sat, May-15-04 10:05

ive only lost a pound!

I started the low carb lifestyle wednesday and I'm having some trouble. First of all, I cant go to the bathroom (and I think you know what I mean). Secondly, I stepped on the scale expecting at least 3-4 lbs to be my loss but I've only lost one lb. My diet consists of eggs and bacon or sausage in the morning, Rolled cream cheese in ham for lunch, or 2 hot dogs with slices of cheese, sliced cucumbers- dinner is a mixture of all of the above or whatever I'm hungry for (steak, 1/2 cup of salad, cheese all low carb stuffs). I've been drinking diet sunkist, sugar free iced tea (about 2 glasses a day) and have virtually cut out ALL sugar related products. I went from 6-8 cups of coffee in the morning with loads of sugar and creamer to 2 cups in the morning with artificial sweetener and half-n-half. I have been snacking on pork rinds and slim jims when I feel like snacking, or cucumbers dipped in french onion dip. I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if this is typical weight loss for the first week? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. How can I really jump start this thing? Also, is it possible I'm losing inches? I didn't measure myself- I guess my brain can't grasp how you can lose inches without losing pounds. On a positive note, I do have a bit more energy and I've been sleeping better.
Thanks-- :)

nurseangel Sat, May-15-04 12:54

Don't be a slave to the scale....3 days isn't alot of time. Also, most people weigh 2 lbs more or less each day just due to water retention etc. Try to weigh once a week at the most. Just beware of carbs in everything....don't assume it has no carbs. Read all labels and you'll do great.

Angela

nurseangel Sat, May-15-04 12:55

Don't forget...Dr. Atkins recommends taking fiber supplements and drinking plenty of water. Exercise will also help with your "problem" =)

wendy.o Sat, May-15-04 13:02

Seems like you could use more veggies.
Maybe some salad w/ lots of olive oil.
I'd say cut out the diet drinks...drink buckets of water instead.
Sugar free stuff really stalls me.
(Don't look at my stats now...I lost 30 lbs on Atkins a long time ago...you can, too.)
Give yourself some time to get things moving...the scale will follow.
Good luck!

Krey Sat, May-15-04 13:06

Hi this is my first ever post here, so I'm not sure if you've read this before but....

JUST ONE POUND

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you--your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!! After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND

Hope that helps :)