Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I will not buy... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=190446)

serrelind Thu, Jun-10-04 05:18

I will not buy...

I will NOT buy peanut butter anymore.

Maybe seeing those words will help :p

Serre

Moonwalker Thu, Jun-10-04 05:38

good! stay away from those transfats.

twinky Thu, Jun-10-04 05:41

you could always just make your own peanut butter or go to a health food store and buy pure peanut butter

serrelind Thu, Jun-10-04 05:47

The problem is that I can't have just a couple of tablespoons! Does anyone have that problem? I admit with everything else, I'm pretty disciplined... but pb does strange things to me. :p

Moonwalker, very true. I prefer the taste of the trans fatty pb (favorite is Skippy) to the natural one so cutting it out will definitely be a good thing. :thup:

Serre

ledjinn Thu, Jun-10-04 08:36

I do buy the Kroger brand natural pb. My dh eats spoonfuls as a snack. I've never seen anything like that. He wiped out 4 jars in less than a week or two. He's telling me we need more pb and I'm, like, "What? We had 4 jars!"

I had to go buy 4 more this week.

Tracey71 Thu, Jun-10-04 09:22

I have a pb addiction too, and it's the bad one, Carb Options. I had to stop buying it, I was eating a jar a week, right off the spoon!!!

libra81 Thu, Jun-10-04 10:56

I"m right there w/ you. I bought the smuckers natural pb, It has no hydrogentated oils and the ingrediants just say peanuts and salt. However I too have decided not buy anymore b/c I can so much of it so quickly. 2tbsp turns into like 4!

Birddog Thu, Jun-10-04 11:52

Lately I can't get enough peanut butter. It is really strange. I've never been real crazy about it, but recently I crave it. I may have to stop buying it. Give me a spoon and a jar and it's gone. :D

Fridaylove Thu, Jun-10-04 11:59

I love PB too...but a jar will last me awhile...I bought my last one in February, just finished it this week...but I bet if I got natural PB, I'd be all over it. We go through a jar of peanuts a week.

GeoUSA Thu, Jun-10-04 12:10

Natural peanut butter seems to be an almost perfect health food. It is high in protein and good fat. It's not grain fed like a lot of meat that we would eat. On the downside I have read that it is a crop with one of the highest uses of pesticide. :( Sooo, I guess I should look at organic versions.

Iowagirl Thu, Jun-10-04 12:52

I recall reading once that the processed food with the most bugs in it is peanut butter. MMMM protein! (just trying to help you out, Serre :) )

sinistress Thu, Jun-10-04 13:23

You are not alone....I am so addicted!
My 13 yr old DD is starting induction next week and i'm doing it with her so I will NOT be able to have the pb....It's gnna kill me but will probably help knock me out of my stall!

Good Luck!

Pandora23 Thu, Jun-10-04 13:36

I was just thinking the same thing myself. I made the mistake of bringing it to work with me and I keep getting up and getting a spoonful. I have had about 5 tbls today!!! I'm gonna have to have a very light dinner tonight, but at least my fat is at 80% right now.

2piecegal Thu, Jun-10-04 14:05

Check out some of the health related websites - some of them claim that there is a fungus in all peanut products, no matter how "natural" they are, that creates addiction. I can't have the stuff around at all. I LOVE the natural pb, but I will eat an entire jar in 2 days.

BlitzedAng Thu, Jun-10-04 14:11

I buy the fresh crushed peanut butter at the Publix deli. Small container and I only use it on a celery stalk for a treat now...Notice I put "now" :lol:

Angel