Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   OMG, Two guys just hit on me!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171076)

leasmom Fri, Mar-05-04 20:33

OMG, Two guys just hit on me!!!

God there's hope for me yet-LOL! I haven't had anyone hit on me in a long time and I haven't lost but 2 dress sizes...I had to come and tell it to ya'll, I couldn't tell it to my 7 yr old dd...gosh, my life is changing already, what's gonna happen when I really drop those pounds???

rosey1 Fri, Mar-05-04 21:06

woohooooo u go girl!!!!!!!!!

meltinaway Sat, Mar-06-04 02:41

Sounds to me like you better invest in some baseball bats :lol: you'll be beating the men off of you soon.

leasmom Sat, Mar-06-04 08:07

I wish-LOL!

diemde Sat, Mar-06-04 08:20

Oh, how wonderful! Makes you feel good, though, eh? Yep, Yep, our defenses will have to grow a bit, but what a reason to grow for! :lol:

leasmom Sat, Mar-06-04 08:37

I've been heavy since I was 14...I didn't have problems with finding guys who were attractive to me until 4 yrs ago...but because of my body shape most people had no ideal I was over 300 lbs then. They thought I was 200-something lbs. When I was 200-something lbs I looked thin-(I'm the shortest one in my family, everyone else is 6 ft including my baby sister so weight hides on us mostly). So, as I crept up to nearly 400 lbs though, I haven't gotten nothing but looks of disgust from guys. I'm happy being a single mom right now, but it's just funny to actually have someone not look at me disgustedly after dealing with it for so long...

I wouldn't even know how to react anymore...has anyone noticed that they are now attracting the opposite sex because of their weightloss???

hummelda Sat, Mar-06-04 08:45

Congrats on this new-found problem! :lol:

Yep, I am not single but I have had some very obvious "wow"s from men that I know. It really gives an extra oomph to the day to know that you can turn someone's eye!

tlmarshall Sun, Mar-07-04 01:28

I can hardly wait.... :)

Quest Sun, Mar-07-04 07:49

I have to get down to about 125 to attract any of that kind of attention....and that was when I was in my 20's, so I'm not expecting it this time around!

leasmom Sun, Mar-07-04 08:55

Quest, I'm sure you do get it. I think sometimes we're so used to NOT getting any attention we may not notice the subtle looks anymore.

I am so used to men looking at me disgustedly that I thought negatively about a few other times guys looking at me. They could've been looking at me positively but I was expecting them to be negative. For me it's hard shedding those old social fears and expectations I have...

crysania Sun, Mar-07-04 09:24

lucky you :p

shoot I would not know how to react I have never been flirted with / hit on / asked out or anything remotely like that ever I'd probably freak if some guy started talking to me :lol:

itsgottago Sun, Mar-07-04 09:27

I can't wait til I can turn heads again too! What a feeling! I'm married, but I want to be attractive! Way to go leasmom!

Kathy W Sun, Mar-07-04 12:25

And you know what just losing a few pounds you feel so good and confident that it just EXUDES from you and men definitely sense that.

leasmom Sun, Mar-07-04 12:45

Maybe that's it cause I didn't drop THAT much...I've still got about 180 lbs to go...I assume that I lost about 30 lbs so far...I don't have a scale. But I've dropped 2 dress sizes. I can't look that much differently than I did before...I'm not a model or gorgeous, I'm average...so it has to be the fact that I'm starting to feel good about myself although at the time I was completely caught off guard cause I was thinking...god...these guys are looking at me, they must be thinking...god...look at that FAT woman...but they surprised me. WHO KNOWS why they did it, it just made me feel good.

Wenzday Mon, Mar-08-04 07:16

Oh man...I got seriously checked out by this SUPER young looking guy working at Toys r us recently..I almost started laughing out loud becuase he was tripping over himself following me and circling me jsut to stammer "can I help you find anything?" :lol:

CONGRATS! It's a good feeling for sure...but yes sometimes it's a bit scarey too... I get a lot of attention in grocery stores from ppl and I often wish to be left alone then...I am usually not looking my best...lol