Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   On induction and craving sweets or crispy treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180609)

tubby Sun, Apr-25-04 16:06

On induction and craving sweets or crispy treats

Hi,

I am on my 3rd day of induction and I am really craving some sweets or crunchy snacks.. or something like pizza. Any suggestions?? I am going to get a huge glass of diet soda and hope the cravings subside..

Are there any snacks like this that I can make or have on induction?

Thanks

Justjen72 Sun, Apr-25-04 16:14

I always melt cheese in the oven on a cookie sheet until it is crispy. That always satisfies my crispy craving. :)

twinky Sun, Apr-25-04 16:15

how about some cucumbers with salt?
I seem to be addicted to cucumbers

fantabulus Sun, Apr-25-04 16:19

Watch that diet soda....if it has aspratame it could be the cause of the cravings in the first place. Try just water for a day or to and see what happens.

tubby Sun, Apr-25-04 16:19

Oooh yes both of those sound good. I am going to run (drive) to the grocery store and pick some up. I don't know why but it seems since the first time I tried Atkins, I crave these food more. The last time induction was a breeze.

potatofree Sun, Apr-25-04 16:31

bacon..pork rinds... pickles...celery, you get the picture!

You are having induction-itis..carb withdrawals. This too shall pass! :)

cklim Sun, Apr-25-04 17:24

how about some pork rinds ... that usually satisfies my crunchy cravings

beachjen Sun, Apr-25-04 21:58

Try this - celery stuffed with cream cheese. Oh so good and yummy.

eve25 Sun, Apr-25-04 23:11

the melted butter/pork rind/cinamon/splenda thingy always does the trick for me (especially with 2 tbs heavy cream)!!!! crunchy AND sweet

starkat Mon, Apr-26-04 00:30

I totally agree with Eve!! The pork rinds with cinnamon/splenda are sooo good and they taste almost like Cinnamon Toast Crunch or something! Another thing to try is sf jell-o w/heavy whipping cream on top. Also wrap mayo, meat and cheese in a lettuce leaf for a "sandwich." How about a pickle wrapped in cream cheese and a slice of deli meat? I've been eating a lot of low-carb yogurt too (Blue Bunny and Dannon are the best!!) but you might have to wait until induction is over for that. Hope these suggestions help!P.S. Beware the diet pop...Diet Rite has some wonderful flavors and are sweetened with our good friend...SPLENDA!

pookalee Mon, Apr-26-04 07:20

Try cream cheese with splenda on top, it really satisfies a sweet craving and taste like cheese cake!

kerkerker Mon, Apr-26-04 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjen72
I always melt cheese in the oven on a cookie sheet until it is crispy. That always satisfies my crispy craving. :)

This is also good with bacon sprinkled on top! yummm

tubby Mon, Apr-26-04 10:10

pookalee,

I think I made a crustless cheese cake my first time on Atkins using Slpenda or Equal with cream-cheese.

It was good!!

brenski Mon, Apr-26-04 11:07

One of my new favorite snacks that I found on this forum is peppeeroni chips. Just take pre-sliced pepperoni and microwave it on a paper plate for 40 - 50 sec. This is really good if your craving pizza.

Brenda

DianaO Mon, Apr-26-04 11:10

Yumm!! watch the cheese and the sodium intake though