Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   KIS and Flush! (January Fat Flush/Atkins KIS!) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=154404)

Kristine Wed, Dec-17-03 18:35

Post Holidays Fat Flush/Atkins Kiss Anyone?

Hi all. I'm travelling for the holidays and there will be a lot of "holiday spirit". My poor, downtrodden liver will be ready for a break when I get back. :) So I'm going to bite the bullet and do Anne Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan. It'll be tough for me to give up coffee and alcohol. *gulp* Anyone want to join me?

red1cutie Thu, Dec-18-03 12:54

Hi Kristine! This plan sounds really interesting! Never heard of it before. I go on vacation on Dec 22 and return Jan 9th. I would like to try it when I get back. Hopefully I can borrow a copy from my library and read it whilst on vacation.

Peace
red

Kristine Fri, Dec-19-03 09:28

Hiya! :wave: I was looking for a copy of Fat Flush on Ebay, and couldn't land a cheap one. It's still quite popular and doesn't seem to be in paperback yet. I shelled out 35 bucks for it yesterday at Chapters. :rolleyes:

Atkins KIS is a book-free alternative. :)

curly Fri, Dec-19-03 15:19

what is atkins kis?

cori Fri, Dec-19-03 15:24

Oh my. I think I'm in. I've been debating between this and restarting Induction... And now I find that my Mischa is doing Fat Flush and then I see this little challenge. Count me in!

Rosebud Fri, Dec-19-03 15:40

*Deep breath*
Okay, I'll join you. (Whew, that wasn't so hard.)

I'll be doing Atkins' KISS. No cream!
I can do this. I can do this. I can do this!

Are we doing this for a set period Kristine? Because I'll need a slight hiatus on Jan 24th. ;)

See you all on January 1st. :wave:

Roz

red1cutie Fri, Dec-19-03 19:49

Hi everyone! My BFL will be over by then so I guess I could do KISS. The only reason I have not attempted KISS is because I need my protein shake (and yogurt sometimes) after my workouts.

I'll start on January 10th.

Merry Christmas everyone. Have a safe LC Christmas!

Peace
red

Hol Fri, Dec-19-03 22:01

Hi, I have a few questions what is fat flush and how do we do it. Also what is Atkins Kiss. I am still new to these terms. So forgive me if I don't know. But, it sound good to me and I am up to a challage. Just would like to know what I am getting myself into. Holly

Rosebud Fri, Dec-19-03 22:37

Hi Holly,

If you go back to my earlier post, just click on where I've put "KISS" for a link to it.

For info on Anne Louise Gittelman's Fat Flush plan, click on "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen and scroll down to find a summary of the Fat Flush plan. :)

Cheers.

Roz

Hol Fri, Dec-19-03 22:45

Thanks Roz I'll do that now. Holly

doreen T Sat, Dec-20-03 10:25

Hey kewl :cool:

I'd planned to do a few weeks of Gittleman's Fat Flush (phase 1) on my own anyway, right after the holidays .. it'll be great to have some group support this time around. I need the discipline of no salt, no nuts and no dairy.

Count me in!!

Doreen

Demi Sat, Dec-20-03 10:46

This sounds like a great idea, and probably something that I'll need to do after the festivities anyway!

Although my eating has been fairly good, I've been concentrating more on the exercise side, so I am hoping that by switching my focus, I'll see some good results :)

So, count me in - I'm planning to follow Atkins KISS. Coffee is going to be extremely hard for me, along with having to give up my daily piece of cheesecake:eek: BUT I know it's got to be done :rolleyes: :lol:

BTW, how long is everyone planning to stay with the challenge?????? Two weeks?? or more??

Kristine Sat, Dec-20-03 11:34

Oh, goody! I have companions! I won't be talking to myself here after all. :lol:

There's no set time, as long (or short) as you want. :)

For the money I've had to shell out already, I'd like to go at least two weeks. :rolleyes: YMMV. No set start time, either: I won't be back until probably the 2nd or 3rd, so y'all will have to start without me. :)

I was just sipping my coffee, already mourning... :tears:

Seto Kaiba Sun, Dec-21-03 13:49

Count me in too, Kristine...... I've already fallen and can't get up :o

Coffee :tears:

CindyLynn Sun, Dec-21-03 14:02

Hey!
I'd like to join you guys! After the holidays it'll be good not to touch dairy for a while. So count me in too.
~CindyLynn~