Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   irritable and cranky during induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=96332)

kat123 Wed, Apr-02-03 21:57

irritable and cranky during induction

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel extreeeeeemly bi**hy
today. I feel carb deprived and on my 6th day of induction. I don't feel tired at all though. Just really moody, slightly depressed and agitated. Thanks. feedback on this will really help!! ;)

Kat :wave:

Peabug Wed, Apr-02-03 22:00

From what I've read and what I experienced it's completely normal! Your body is ridding itself of all the excess carbs and getting used to this new WOE. My only advice is to make sure you're getting enough water -- that helped me feel a little more clear-headed during induction :)

Alina Wed, Apr-02-03 22:29

Hi!

I felt like this too. Hang on, it WILL pass!!!
Good luck!
Alina

kat123 Wed, Apr-02-03 22:37

thanks guys

Thanks for the encouragment. I will hang on. I felt so bitc#y today I almost told my boss off, whoa wrongggg mooov, huh?
Good thing I didn't :D .

I'll hang in there.

thanks all
Kat :wave:

stevensond Fri, Apr-04-03 12:42

been there done that

my wife occasionally reminds me ;)

Good luck!!

DWRolfe Fri, Apr-04-03 13:12

I was totally crabby during Induction--horrible UMS (Ugly Mood Swings), but it mae getting to the other side just that much sweeter.

Be strong...it gets much better!

Donald :wave:

digwig Fri, Apr-04-03 14:38

I regularly wanted to kill others during Induction.

But, on the other side of UMS, is often PMS. I had never experienced it before low carbing, but once I became a dedicated low carber, I could depend on at least one day of hideous PMS a month. If your TOM shows up in the next few days, that might be the culprit.

Good luck, Dig

HLFAN Fri, Apr-04-03 19:30

me too

Dear Kat, I feel so good these days that it's hard to remember induction, but yes, I remember feeling very light headed, dizzy and hungry. I also had trouble sleeping and deciding what to eat.

Let me re-assure you. It gets better in a very short time. I recall that potassium helped alot. Also tons of veg to nibble on. Don't miss your vitamins and if you excersise, go easy till you feel better. And you will feel alot better very soon!!

All the best, you're going great, :wave:

SlimShAdY Sat, Apr-05-03 00:55

Eck I've gone through that too. I usually just go to bed and sleep it off. :rolleyes: :mad:

C-u-lean Sat, Apr-05-03 10:48

LOL! I am going through that right now! And yes, it is my TOM. It is nice to see I am not the only one. My hubby even threatened to leave for the day yesterday! ACCKK! I hope it gets better soon!

lexicam Sat, Apr-05-03 11:11

weight loss

well.....as of today,I have lost 20 more pounds .I am feeling pretty good and have LOADS of energy. I am also requiring a lot less sleep!!

JackieInNJ Sat, Apr-05-03 20:26

THAT'S GREAT... I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! ANY WORDS OF WISDOM FOR A NEWBIE??? :wave:

debmarjs Sun, Apr-06-03 07:52

I also felt very moody in my first week. I am happy to say that I do feel better in my second week. I think it gets better the longer your on this.