Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hershey's Sugar Free PB Cups (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123976)

GramnGramp Wed, Jul-16-03 21:36

Hershey's discontinuing sugar free chocolate candy

That's what my grocer said today. He was going to reorder the Hershey sugar free chocolate with almonds and he said they were discontinuing them. :cry: Anyone else hear this?

LovableLC Wed, Jul-16-03 21:43

Aw man I really liked those!!!!!

mammoth Wed, Jul-16-03 21:56

Well...there goes a LAXITIVE for ALOT of people! :lol:
Best wishes;
Jake

marchbaby Wed, Jul-16-03 22:15

I won't miss them, I found the hersheys sf candy to have a bad aftertaste. I'd rather spend the extra $$$ on Pur De Lite bars or carbolites.

Gimmpy Wed, Jul-16-03 23:02

NO ! No! Say it's not so. There is just no reason to live anymore. Oh wait there is alway Russle Stovers..... I'm saved.

hey_Neener Thu, Jul-17-03 00:32

Russel Stover tastes much better anyway. Still, it's too bad they didn't give them much time to really take off before yanking them off the shelves.

faeriegirl Thu, Jul-17-03 01:43

Maybe the aftereffects were just to harsh? i know that i had terrible pains in my stomach (and other symptoms) from the Hershey's candy - after only one piece... maybe a lot of people experienced this?

shelmaker Thu, Jul-17-03 05:52

I can totally relate to the "after effects" of the Hershey brand. I'm a sugarfree candy nut, and was in heaven when I got the peanut butter cups and the almond bars....the only thing is after just one I started getting a gurgle in my stomach, after the alloted 3 I was in the bathroom every two minutes until I was just literally dehydrated...thought it was just me...until the boyfriend decided he wanted to try em' out....I warned the man.....lo and behold, it had the same effect in that short timeframe.
Needless to say, I had to pitch the rest...I couldn't bear to think of the situation I'd have on my hands if my eight and nine year old got ahold of these!! I'll stick with Russel.

yossi Thu, Jul-17-03 22:34

russel stovers contains partially hydrogenated oils, a very unhealthy fat.. i dont eat them anymore since finding that out

hey_Neener Fri, Jul-18-03 00:17

Yossi,
:cry: You had to tell us, you just had to tell us! Some people just do their homework I guess. :read: Either way, I doubt I'll stop eating the few Russel Stovers I do get. Bummer tho.

yossi Fri, Jul-18-03 00:26

yeah it is, i used to consume a bag a week of the smores flavor.. mmmmmmm, but no more... now i am hooked on sugar free jelly bellys, i have 3-5 a day, really keeps me goin

Vpeach Fri, Jul-18-03 22:00

Hershey's Sugar Free PB Cups

what are the net carbs for those things? i tried to put all the info down at Fitday..and they said the calories were wrong, even though i put down what the nutrition label said.

c_cat Sun, Jul-20-03 17:59

I can't answer your question, but I had wanted to post about these.

There's been a lot of talk about malitol (in the Atkins bars) - which has agreed with my stomach fine, and not caused stalls - but these Reese's sugar free cups - made me sick all night :( and I only had a couple. (They have lactitol - which I haven't had before).

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question, but the package does say they have a bunch of sugar alcohols. Your clue should be there.

Sarah - unhelpful girl

jude Sun, Jul-20-03 18:15

Hi Vpeach,

Have you checked it out with the "Hidden Carb Inspector"? (the link is the last one on the list to the right of this screen).

judy

Vpeach Sun, Jul-20-03 22:03

i just tried it right now..but there wasn't a section for sugar alchies.