Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amazed at how sweet some things taste now (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153017)

nursey15 Mon, Dec-08-03 14:41

Amazed at how sweet some things taste now

I know I've only been doing this for a week, but I notice things taste sweet that I never noticed before. Like celery- I always thought it was bitter- today it tasted very sweet. And swiss cheese, had 1oz as a snack and it tasted sweet also. The other day I forgot to pack my lunch and stopped and got a quarter pounder with cheese and mustard. The bun was stuck a little to the underside and I picked most of it off, but boy could I taste the sweetness of the little bit that was left. I think if I ate a piece of white bread now it would taste like cake or something!

sunspine17 Mon, Dec-08-03 14:44

Yes! I can taste it in veggies, meat, even water. It's really weird. This coming from the person who at one time would put extra sugar on already sugared cereal. Go figure! Strange how this WOE changes your tastes, huh?

Lissette Mon, Dec-08-03 16:44

I too have noticed this, I always HAD to put sugar on my strawberries to be able to enjoy them, now I really love them plain, they really ARE sweet by themselves! :)

BlitzedAng Mon, Dec-08-03 17:10

You got that right nursey..I remember the first time I drank Diet Rite and wow, could only drink half. And cheese..

serrelind Mon, Dec-08-03 18:09

I agree. Granny Smith apples used to taste too sour for me. Now they're perfect! :)

LadyBelle Mon, Dec-08-03 20:44

I also notice my sense of smell is way better, esp after working out. Which is a real drag when a smoker or someone with BO sits next to me on the bus :/

I used to be a confirmed veggie hater. We went out for mexican while I wa son induciton. I ordered the fajitas with no tortillas expecting to only eat the meat. Instead I was amazed at how sweet the peppers tasted. Looking back I relize they probably had sugar in the seasonings. Still it made me realize my tastes were changing. I now make my own fajitas at home, not to mention experiment with a wide variety of veggies. My current addiction is the Jicama oatmeal. I have spinach in an omlette or zucchini hashbrowns for breakfast most days now.

black57 Mon, Dec-08-03 20:54

I had a lick of my daughter's ice cream and wow, it tasted just like ice cream used to taste when I was a kid. Go figure. It is funny how family members and friends who taste my foods that I sweeten comment that they aren't sweet enough for them.

latingirl Mon, Dec-08-03 21:41

Before I could never eat a grapefruit. Not even adding lots of sugar to it. Now I can eat it alone, and it tastes sweet!

serrelind Mon, Dec-08-03 22:26

Latingirl, I just had a huge grapefruit. It was sooo good :yum:

latingirl Mon, Dec-08-03 22:32

Serrelind, I just saw your pictures. You look so good!!!

serrelind Mon, Dec-08-03 22:37

Latingirl, thank you, you're very sweet! :)