Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   what are ur fav low carb bars ? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=147306)

rahul325 Thu, Nov-06-03 16:40

what are ur fav low carb bars ?

i wanted to see what are the fav brands of low carb bars y'all have, something good to taste and yet low carb.

ckx4 Thu, Nov-06-03 18:32

I like the Atkins Creamy Cinnamon Bun "breakfast bars" - a nice change from all the chocolate coated bars out there. I also like the Atkins chocolate coated peanut butter bars, the coconut is probably my third favorite. I think overall the Atkins brand bars taste best.

Rosemary

DerBlumers Thu, Nov-06-03 18:34

CarbWise S'mores flavor (high protein...)

Ashers liquid caramel (regular chocolate bar)
(Ashers mint chocolate truffle is yummy too!)

I can't eat the bars now because I'm fighting candida albicans ... but I have two Ashers bars waiting for me when I get rid of the little buggers!! :D

IvannaBFit Thu, Nov-06-03 20:59

CarbRite Cinnamon Bun
Atkins Mocha Nut
Atkins Prailines & Creme
Atkins Peanut

cah Thu, Nov-06-03 21:00

I haven't found any bars that I like! I much prefer the atkins shakes, those aren't bad at all.

adkpam Thu, Nov-06-03 21:07

ALL the Atkins bars except for Almond Brownie, which I kind of like.
The Atkins Cinnamon bars are too sweet for me...amazing as I find that statement.
I had an EAS Lemon Cheesecake carb bar that tasted like boiled carboard dipped in flea powder. Not recommended.

4beans4me Thu, Nov-06-03 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkpam
I had an EAS Lemon Cheesecake carb bar that tasted like boiled carboard dipped in flea powder. Not recommended.
:lol:

I love Atkins chocolate coconut and cookies and cream bars, I try to only indulge in these a couple times a month.

The worst bars I've tried are CarbSolutions...gag.

schramkid Fri, Nov-07-03 07:32

I have tried 3 or 4 kinds

Carbwise are my favorite.

Chocolate s'mores crunch and the peanut crunch. They also have a raspberry flavor and a lemon one, but I think the s'mores is the cats meow.........

good luck

gutmeister Fri, Nov-07-03 08:21

Carbrite Toasted Coconut wins my vote, absolutely delicious.

I also use their carb block to block the net impact carbs.

do any of you use a carb blocker?

babydoll23 Sun, Nov-16-03 14:27

i love atkins creamy cinnamon bun breakfast bars, and the carbsolutions chocolate chip cookie dough bars. but i try not to buy them very often cause they make me stall.

rrmalns Sun, Nov-16-03 18:23

My favroites are (!)Russell Stovers miniature chocolate almond. (2)Ross white chocolate and (3) Carbwise chocolate peanut butter I think its called.

kyrasdad Sun, Nov-16-03 18:42

Carbrite has the best bars top to bottom IMHO. However, I've given them up since they tended to stall me a bit.

brobin Sun, Nov-16-03 18:47

Atkins chocolate mocha, choclate decadence, and peanut butter...
For breakfast, I liked the atkins apple, but found the cinnamon ones way too sweat for me. Why do they have to wrap a breakfast bar in fake chocolate / icing?

brobin

tofi Sun, Nov-16-03 21:11

I love Almond Brownie, Coconut chocolate and peanut butter chocolate.

I HATED Cookie's n Cream. I took them back to the store for a refund. Yuck!

The Endulge mint bars are good, also Dark Chocolate. I like the peanut butter cups FAR too much and stall when they are around. And I crave them. So no more of them in my house!

Chrisedge Mon, Nov-17-03 09:40

Think Thin! bars are my fav. Trader Joe's best selling bars...