Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Count me in! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29145)

Aine Sat, Jan-05-02 15:30

Count me in!

Hello everybody, this site is wonderful and VERY inspiring :thup: . Iwent on Atkins about 3 years ago and lost about 15 pounds. :daze: But then went back to my old eating habits, after I got married and my husband thinks this diet is ridiculous. :( Although I've tried repeatedly to start again, I have never gone beyond day 2. But I had a miscarriage in earl December and am determined to lose some wright before conceiving again AND for my self confidence. I started on New Years Day and did not cheat until today--I had a piece of no sugar added chocolate, but will continue and get back ontrack. All I can say is that this site is very motivating and is the main force that has kept me going--and I keep my Atkins book in sight all the time. I here to stick around, and good luck to everybody. Forgot to mention that I have battled with diets all my life and remember going on my first diet at 10 years old, and buying my first pack of dexatrim at 13. The greatest challenge is to stay away from bread and chocolate around my husband :confused: , who tries to eat healthily, but doesn't see my weight as a problem and can't understand my negative body image. More another time. :o

alto Sat, Jan-05-02 15:37

Welcome, Aine. Good for you to realize this worked for you and giving it another try. If you poke around these journals, you'll find quite a few women with very supportive husbands -- maybe you could print out a few posts where they say how wonderful their husbands are and how much it's helped them, and slip them under his breakfast plate :)

Aine Sat, Jan-05-02 15:52

Thanks for the encouragement. I think sometimes I am my greatest obstacle, and I used to keep telling myself, "you can start tomorrow, or next week...". Then I never start at all and the pounds just piled on, and I would still say, "I'll soon start", but never did until New years day. And if, or rather, when he sees I'm serious and commited to this way of life, it will be easier..I hope :wave:

alto Sat, Jan-05-02 15:55

I can certainly relate to the "I am my greatest obstacle"! I'm a serial restarter, and always had a reason to put it off. Depending on what one's lifestyle was like Before, the transition to Low Carb can be a snap, or can be difficult -- in the latter case, it takes planning. Make a plan and stick to it. Don't set impossible goals -- I've had to readjust plans several times. At first, I used every loophole possible and stopped losing. Then I tried a very strict version of Atkins; it was too strict. These aren't failures; they're experiments. You can do this.

Read other's journals. We have smooth sailers, slow starters, quick losers who become turtles, people who lose consistently week after week, and every sort of obstacle -- overcome, or we wouldn't still be here -- you can imagine. You can do this.

EllieEats Sat, Jan-05-02 16:40

Hi Aine... and WELCOME!!!

Alto is right---one size doesn't fit all around here!! Everybody is losing at their own pace, and having slip ups, and having to deal with others telling them this is not healthy or not going to work.... AND we all help each other get from day to day and give advice and encouragement and get alot of laughs along the way too.

Hubby will change his view when the weight starts coming off!!
I think how YOU feel about yourself and your looks is FAR more important than how anyone else feels or thinks. (including husbands) ;)

When you need some encouragement---- you just come right here!!! We're all here to help!!

Lots of luck!!!
Ellie :wave: