Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Symptoms of getting into ketosis? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=181160)

and1_balla Tue, Apr-27-04 20:04

Symptoms of getting into ketosis?

Hey everyone
I was just wondering what are some symptoms of being in ketosis...just wondering

tofi Tue, Apr-27-04 20:25

Lack of hunger is the major one.
Some people get a slight metallic taste in the mouth.
Some people get a breath odour but not everyone.

nfb02001 Tue, Apr-27-04 20:36

I use my strips in the mornings, so usually if I'm going back into ketosis I notice very restless sleep the night before. Not that I don't sleep, I just move around a lot because I wake up with the blankets all twisted. Maybe this is just me, but that's how it goes everytime I'm out of ketosis and go back in. Also, before I even test to see if the strips show I'm in ketosis, I wake up thinking much more positively about my body.

wisdomom Tue, Apr-27-04 20:40

I usually can tell I'm in ketosis because I feel an overall wellness feeling. I also almost never feel hungry. Not to mention the dragon breath!

blue4lemon Tue, Apr-27-04 20:42

It's the breath for me...and potent urine if I don't drink enough water.

myagenda Tue, Apr-27-04 22:29

For me I wake up and forget to eat for about an hour until I remember I have to eat. My DH I haven't noticed a change in my breath but I drink and ton of water. When in Ketosis I just don't think of food as often.

Alina Wed, Apr-28-04 01:42

Lack of hunger
Feeling warm/sweating
Feeling lots of energy
Needing less sleep

Maamel Wed, Apr-28-04 06:16

Its the metallic taste for me first thing in the morning and a general feeling of wellness!

sandi24 Wed, Apr-28-04 06:22

I get a sweet taste in my mouth and I feel the 'burn' in my tummy area - not indigestion! lol just that the fat is burning!

mthrmayi2 Wed, Apr-28-04 06:27

I get the really nasty breath and I don't get a metallic taste in my mouth, but I get some kind of nasty taste. It usually takes me 8 days to get the nasty breath.

AFwife Wed, Apr-28-04 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Lack of hunger
Feeling warm/sweating
Feeling lots of energy
Needing less sleep

Nice to know I'm still in Ketosis then. :lol:

It's nice to know the symptoms, I won't spend my money on the strips.

:)

violet216 Sat, May-01-04 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfb02001
I use my strips in the mornings, so usually if I'm going back into ketosis I notice very restless sleep the night before. Not that I don't sleep, I just move around a lot because I wake up with the blankets all twisted. Maybe this is just me, but that's how it goes everytime I'm out of ketosis and go back in. Also, before I even test to see if the strips show I'm in ketosis, I wake up thinking much more positively about my body.

This is some great info! I was wondering why I have been waking up at around 4:30 am and leaping out of bed with energy. I have also been feeling somewhat hot, and needing much less sleep.

Now the big question is....why the hell am I not losing weight yet on induction?? My scale goes up and down the same two pounds - fluctuating by the day.

mrssophie Sat, May-01-04 17:11

i'm in the similar situation. Not a nudge in weight. I figure one day i will wake up skinner. I've only been on Atkins perhaps 8days.

pookalee Sun, May-02-04 06:22

Just do induction "by the book" and you should see some weight loss. If not, there are some special sections in DANDR about losing for even the most resistant losers.

DianaO Sun, May-02-04 07:43

I get the Sweet smelling Urine. Right as I enter Ketosis I am tired, worn out feeling.