Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Creamy Dreamy Jello Cheesecake (induction safe!) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=196272)

webgyrl Wed, Jul-07-04 20:06

Creamy Dreamy Jello Cheesecake (induction safe!)

So, I'm sitting in the house today and getting a craving for CHEESECAKE. NY style is great, but I want something more creamy.

Went to the kitchen and was able to create this out of what I had on hand. My family is licking their plates right now....Enjoy!! :D

The numbers in () are total carbs per ingredient.

Creamy Dreamy Jello Cheesecake

16 ounces Cream Cheese (neufchatel cheese...it's the low fat Philly brand) (13.4)
1 cup heavy cream (6.7)
5 packets Splenda (4.5)
1 box jello (any flavor) (0.0)
1/2 cup boiling water (0.0)
3 ounces pecans (3.6)

Boil water and add jello. Stir until well incorporated and set aside in shallow dish to cool.
Set cream cheese out to soften or zap quickly in micro until soft.
Grind pecans in food processor until finely ground and somewhat mushy (one step above pecan butter). Press firmly into bottom of pie plate.
Whip cream until stiff peaks form and add Splenda, one packet at a time, beating continually. Remove from mixer and put into a separate container.
Whip cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add jello and whip until thick and smooth. Add 2/3 of the whipped cream (reserving 1/3 for top of pie) and whip with mixer until thoroughly blended.
Spoon onto crust and spread gently (watch out for your crust!). Top with remaining whipped cream and spread evenly.

Chill for 2-3 hours and enjoy!!

Serves: 8 (generous slices!)

Total carbs for entire recipe: 28.2
Carb per serving: 3.5

If you do away with the nuts, this is safe for Atkins Induction phase. Might want to go with 10 or 12 pieces to cut down on the amount of cream cheese ingested. And if you can find aspartame free sugar free jello, even better!

missymagoo Sat, Jul-10-04 01:43

sounds really good!! sue

ouzogirl Thu, Jul-29-04 14:14

What size box of SF Jello? The one that has 4 servings or 8 servings?

Thanks!

sldeal Sat, Oct-21-06 19:35

I tried this cheesecake today and it turned out DELICIOUSLY CREAMMMMMMY!. I skipped the nuts and used strawberry sf jello and added 5 diced up strawberries. I never made a jello cheesecake so I was a bit skeptical but I wanted something sweet and I didn't feel like using my oven. This will go into my list of recipes to keep.

mzsunrize Sat, Jan-06-07 17:38

Two thumbs up

from me and my BF. We made these with lime jello and it was soooo delicious. Now we're thinking up different variation, like using the Walenfarms Zero Calorie Chocolate dip for a chocolate cheesecake, or even using orange extract--of course with flavorless jello.

Thanks for the inspiration!

2007 Sat, Jan-06-07 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgyrl
And if you can find aspartame free sugar free jello, even better!
So what brand names have aspartame free sugar free jello? 'Cause that aspartame stuff seems to stall me.

Thanks bunches!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Robin12265 Tue, Jan-23-07 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
So what brand names have aspartame free sugar free jello? 'Cause that aspartame stuff seems to stall me.

Thanks bunches!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Yeah Yeah - what brand doesn't use aspartame??? :help:

MyJourney Sat, Jan-27-07 17:32

This is in the fridge as we speak. I made some modifications. I used an 8 pack of jello and 1C water because all I had was an 8 pack of jello. I also only used 1 pack 8oz of cream cheese and I folded it into all the cream instead of saving some to top it with. I also didnt add any additional splenda since the jello is sweet enough for me.

This also cut the carbs for the whole thing significantly. We will see how it solidifies but after licking the batter it tastes like a great dessert on its own.

missymagoo Sun, Nov-30-08 22:03

bump it up. sue

UserXYZ Wed, Jan-21-09 07:50

Ugh, you voted for Bush in 2004, thanks a lot!

rdy2rde Wed, Jan-21-09 10:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserXYZ
Ugh, you voted for Bush in 2004, thanks a lot!

I did too...You're Welcome :)

Lisa

UserXYZ Wed, Jan-21-09 12:28

I found that adding the jelly made it a little too liquid and was scared it wouldn't set properly so I added a lot more cream cheese. Hope it works out well though I'm not confident it will stand on its own, is it supposed to?

Edit- it worked out amazing, it was delicious. I used almonds and pecans for the base though with some butter added in.

ndelacourt Wed, Jan-21-09 20:41

I just use plain gelatin and add fresh mushed up fruit to it with a bit of liquid splenda....as I can't tolerate aspartame either.....or the unsweetened kool-aid packets with splenda to flavor plain gelatin works well too!

UserXYZ Thu, Jan-22-09 19:57

Hmm my carb cravings have returned after eating this cheesecake.

missymagoo Fri, Mar-19-10 11:44

bump.it up , sue