Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Just wondering... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=158315)

TeachinNV Fri, Jan-09-04 19:46

Just wondering...

Hi all... :wave:

I was thinking about what I'm looking forward to once I lose all this weight, and I got to wondering what everyone else is looking forward to as they lose weight.

Here's mine...
1. Never needing to ask for a seatbelt extender when I fly.
2. Shopping at any store I want because I wear regular sizes.
3. Cutting down my risk of developing diabetes like my mother.
4. Feeling good and being healthy.
5. Being able to walk and sightsee all day without getting tired on my trip to England.
6. Pretty bras and panties, instead of "granny" underwear.

I know that there are others, but I'll add them later.

Anyone else want to share?? :agree:

TTFN!!

newgirlPEI Fri, Jan-09-04 19:52

Shopping at regular stores is one of mine too!!!! I can't even imagine what I will do with the selection!!

Have you been to England before?? You sure will do a lot of walking....but you're going at a good time! My brother lives there and I go over about once a year.

TeachinNV Fri, Jan-09-04 20:31

Yes, I spent two weeks in England last summer. It was a lovely adventure. I even managed to drive fairly successfully.

TTFN!! :wave:

mem2 Fri, Jan-09-04 20:46

One thing I look forward to is slim hips, getting into a little black dress I have and looking good. Another is knowing that more is not better, enough is better. Feeling satisfied and good about myself. Recognizing when my hunger is physical, for food, and when it is emotional and knowing how to satisfy my emotional hunger.

LadyBelle Fri, Jan-09-04 21:46

Cute sexy dresses. They never make cute clothing in larger sizes I've found. Also being able to look good in smaller sizes. Because I'm so short I wear a smaller size even though I haev bulges. For some reaosn they thin konce you are a size 8 or lower you have perfectly flat abs and no bulges.

Boob job. That will have to wait probably until I graduate and can save up for a while to be able to afford it.

flynnlee Fri, Jan-09-04 22:35

being able to prance in front of my ex boyfriend. we are really, really good friends now, but still; he did break up with me, and i want to prance. i explained to my friend the other night, there IS a difference between a strut and a prance. prancing is going to be so much fun because he's never seen me at my goal weight before! good luck to all of you!!

Dewi Fri, Jan-09-04 23:30

My Top ten reasons:

1. Reducing my cholesterol
2. getting rid of my heel spur forever
3. Not bringing my own seat belt extender.
4. flying on a helicopter to go dog sledding on a glacier in Alaska, I couldnt do this on my last 2 Alaskan cruises or riding on a horse on the beach in the carribean. I havent been able to this on my carribean cruises. All the excursions like this have a weight limit of is 200lbs.
5. Getting some nice dress shoes with heels vs. my sneakers and flats.
6. wearing more dresses that show my knees vs. the long coverup dresses.
7. Being able to buy dirt cheap bargains ~ Macy's.
8. Wearing sexy undies like Victoria Secret
9. The return of a normal . w/o drugs
10. trying to concieve in 3Q04!

hey_Neener Sat, Jan-10-04 01:53

Finding a hunky guy to cure lakanookie-and not be embarrassed.

roselcice Sat, Jan-10-04 02:59

What I look forward to most in shopping!

I am gonig to England this summer also and want to be able to buy a few t-shirts for my self this time! Last time I got a Hard Rock Cafe T-shirt for a friend and wanted one so bad. I gave in even though it did not fit, was going to make a pillow out of it but never got around to it.
:yay: But it almost fits now!!! :yay:

Dean4Prez Sat, Jan-10-04 04:17

Dancing -- ballroom dancing for an entire evening without having to rest my ankles for every other song. Oh, and having the women cut in on my wife on every other song :)

amdevelish Sat, Jan-10-04 07:02

1.) I can't wait to wear tank tops...and look GOOD in them!
2.) I can't wait to go shopping for lingerie without feeling like the saleswomen think I'm crazy
3.) I can't wait to strut my stuff :) :)

OHGal1415 Sat, Jan-10-04 08:02

Things I look forward to:

1. Increasing my strength (lifting capacity! :D).
2. Wearing "daisy dukes" this summer
3. Having arms that look like Linda Hamilton's from her T2 days
4. 4 back to back BFL challenges

catspaw Sat, Jan-10-04 08:13

Wow - I'm getting motivated just by reading all these! I look forward to looking sharp in my uniform (instead of wanting to hide), shopping for nice clothes and ditching the jeans/sweats routine, and ballroom dancing sure sounds great (although DH has NO rhythym...)

tagcaver Sat, Jan-10-04 08:26

I'm looking forward to not being self-conscious about having belly flab (a female pouch) when I go to a nude beach or clothing-optional resort this summer.

Joan

(And a special kudos to those who are overweight and go to nude resorts and know that they're accepted for who they are and not how they look. I applaud you.)

determine3 Sat, Jan-10-04 08:33

Cool Thread.

1. I look forward to having sexy shapely muscles which will give me a new shapely physique.

2. having a flat and toned midsection

3. actually having a waistline smaller than my hips (already on the way :yay: )
4. wearing low rise jeans without belly bulge hanging over:lol:

5. getting that energy I need to keep up with my 3 children

6. SHOWING MY BOSS THAT YES YOU CAN LOSE AND KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF BY LC'ING. she did it b4 and gained back the weight and always gives me that "tsk, tsk" kind of look.

7. Being able to finally share my success story with everyone in this forum and post my b4 and after pics!!!!!