Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What trigger foods do you have to stay away from? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137893)

jaybee007 Thu, Sep-18-03 04:37

What trigger foods do you have to stay away from?

As we all know, we love food, right? We all got to be overweight by eating too much of something that tasted good but unfortunately made us gain weight. What foods do you have to stay away from now?

Something that I cannot seem to eat in moderation is peanuts. I can eat bowls of them. Eventhough it`s permitted on Atkins, I still go way overboard every single time.

retrochiq Thu, Sep-18-03 05:57

Definitely nuts (pecans!) and SF candy for me...I've also cut out pork rinds recently as I can down the whole bag in one sitting...scarey!...

serrelind Thu, Sep-18-03 05:59

Nuts. For some reason, even though they are high in fat, they are not very filling, and cause me to just keep munching.

whyspers Thu, Sep-18-03 06:03

Pepsi...definately Pepsi.

L

dieffen Thu, Sep-18-03 06:09

i stay away from ice cream and chicken nuggets... my two faves... i still have cravings for them.

Merrymash Thu, Sep-18-03 06:32

Nuts!!! (almonds, macademian, peanuts, etc) oh and peanut butter is evil!!! I wonder why these are so addicting. I always feel so guilty if i overeat these things...Cheese can also be very addicting.

Seto Kaiba Thu, Sep-18-03 06:38

Cheese is bad...especially Pepperjack. And SF jello with Cream cheese (And anything else with cream cheese :( )

maryp Thu, Sep-18-03 06:42

Nuts (evil almonds, smoked almonds,macadamia, they're all evil) diet cranberry ginger ale. SF candy when I buy it. cheese sticks.
hhmm.. getting hungry

Hilary M Thu, Sep-18-03 06:57

It doesn't trigger cravings for me, but because of the extreme fat and calorie content I have to watch my intake of whipped cream. If I let myself, I could whip up a little carton of cream with some Splenda and eat the whole thing as a dessert (don't worry, I don't do that!).

fishie48 Thu, Sep-18-03 07:02

anthing sweet, especially the sf low carb chocolate, Fern's peanut butter cups, cream cheese or heavy cream with splenda. Way too much of a good thing, but its so hard to stay away.

ichihuahua Thu, Sep-18-03 07:25

Tomato! Tomato Sauce of anykind triggers intense munchies and cravings for sweets! EVIL!!

Iowagirl Thu, Sep-18-03 07:44

Cashews. One bite and I am trying to get my entire head into the container for more.

logansmom6 Thu, Sep-18-03 07:45

DITTO on the nuts for me also. But a big trigger for me is atkins meal bars, and that wonderful new lowcarb candy chocolate bars ect... I can eat these all in extreme amounts. So I have to limit to buying just one of these on the weekends for a treat. They make me crave sweets, chocolate. And that new atkins icecream, I can't just eat one of those small little protions, I could devour all 4 in one sitting.

hysteria Thu, Sep-18-03 08:21

1 - Peanut Butter - only natural now though - I can't stand the taste of Peter Pan anymore. I can easily eat a small jar of pb in a couple days.

2. Nuts (in general)...although I've learned to curb the binging a little, I could still eat a cup of peanuts in no time flat.

3. Whip cream is another down fall - I too could eat an entire Family sized carton of Cool Whip w/o a 2nd thought! Melt some pb & throw some Cool Whip on top & I am in HEAVEN...

LadyBelle Thu, Sep-18-03 10:51

Whipped cream sweetened with splenda or cocoa powder.