Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Diet Slurpee coming to Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98124)

Arnie_g Fri, Apr-11-03 06:57

Diet Slurpee coming to Canada

okay, it will probably have some carbs and will probably use aspertame, but I sent an e-mail to 7-11 asking if they will start to sell Diet Slurpees in Canada like the ones they sell in the States and here is the reply I got.

Hello Mr. Gauthier;

First of all thank you for your interest in our Slurpees!
We are definitely working on diet Slurpees - though it is a challenge.
Our plan is to launch Diet Pepsi Slurpee this summer - though it will likely be later on in the season.
There are definitely many customers who are looking forward to this product - and so are we!
Look for it in our stores this summer.

I will look into the internet issue as well - thank you for letting us know.

Laurie Smith
National Communications Manager

7-Eleven Canada, Inc

faeriegirl Fri, Apr-11-03 17:43

*wonders if she has died and gone to heaven!!!* I just to be such a slurpee junkie. In fact, since going low carb, i think it is what i miss the most!! I would be thrilled if i could have a guilt free slurpee every now and then :) :) :) yippppeeeeeee!

IslandGirl Fri, Apr-11-03 20:03

Re: Diet Slurpee coming to Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnie_g
...I will look into the internet issue as well - thank you for letting us know....

Laurie Smith
National Communications Manager
7-Eleven Canada, Inc

VERY interesting, Arnie. Mind if I ask what the issue was that is mentioned here? I'm VERY interested in such stuff, being in business (yes, LC business) myself.

oakejs Wed, Jan-14-04 02:44

We still don't have them here in Lethbridge. 7-11 sells Atkins bars like mad, but no slurpee yet.

Wolfiesask Sun, Jan-25-04 21:27

I sent one this past spring and got the same form email response. No lc slurpees that I've seen anywhere yet......must be on farmer time.

Nicole

Arnie_g Mon, Jan-26-04 00:01

Too bad, it looks like it never happened. I hope they do it for this summer.

Arnie

Arnie_g Mon, Jan-26-04 00:03

I know its not the same thing as a slurpee, but this past summer I bought an ice shaving machine and then sweeten it with davici's syrup. MMMmmmm, it's good stuff.

Lobstergal Tue, Apr-13-04 07:40

mmmmmm. I would love a diet pepsi slurpee. I wish Dairy Queen would get in a sugarfree Mr. Misty.

loserbaby Tue, Apr-13-04 11:52

Everyone should also write them and push for splenda sweetened slurpees. I know they just started carrying diet Jones Soda because of high consumer requests. It would be great if they carried Diet Rite soda like many stores in the US too. Shaved ice and Diet Rite in a blender make a pretty convincing slurpee substitute also.

Cordelia Tue, Apr-13-04 14:32

I find it interesting when they say, "We are definitely working on diet Slurpees - though it is a challenge." I have had diet pepsi slurpees in the states, can't they just borrow the recipe from them? They've had them for a long time.

IslandGirl Thu, Apr-15-04 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordelia
I find it interesting when they say, "We are definitely working on diet Slurpees - though it is a challenge." I have had diet pepsi slurpees in the states, can't they just borrow the recipe from them? They've had them for a long time.

An important component for the diet Slurpee(s) is Erythritol, a sugar alcohol already 'legal' in the States as a sweetener and food additive, and only in the final throes of approval in Canada as such.

This may well be why they're "working on 'em".

oakejs Sat, Jun-26-04 13:41

I hope they hurry up. I wan't my slurpee.

leeleepea Sat, Jun-26-04 15:48

In Detroit last summer they had Crystal Light slurpees.
I really wanted one.

CSummer71 Tue, Jun-29-04 11:27

For anyone who lives in the lowermainland, Abbotsford to be exact...well the "Carb Cutters" store on Venture Street has a no carb slurpee machine, they carry two flavours, I have had the raspberry and it is yummy!!!

Charlene

nikkil Thu, Jul-01-04 10:16

next time I'm in Abbotsford, I know where I'm going!!! Thanks for the tip! I've looked every time I go to 7-11, but no luck in Surrey/Delta yet!

Nicole