Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I fell of the wagon.. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106993)

gotaloseit Wed, May-21-03 08:25

I fell off the wagon..

I am here to say I have fallen off the wagon and wonder if any other have had this experience I am about to relate. I have gotten a horrible cold (thanks to my son and his preschool friends ;) ) Its so bad I am actually feeling very sick to my stomach. I havent been able to face anything low carb...at least nothing I could think of. So for the past two days I have been eating dry toast and a few crackers.......and very little of that. Have I totally sinned here?? What do you eat when you get sick. Or do you just have the toast and get back on the wagon when your better. Lets face it, with a reeling head and heaving stomach meat and cheese and butter and such just do not appeal. I have to drag myself away from the computer now and lay down until it is time to pick the little rugrat up from school.......hope I can get back to it soon, I have the will right now, just not the stomach.

PJ in Miam Wed, May-21-03 08:35

There are times it's probably best to eat little or nothing besides plenty of water; animals stop eating when they are 'de-toxing' in many cases and I think for short periods it might be alright. If you can down liquids, you might try a very light protein drink. Just mix some chocolate ppowder up with cold water, shake it up and drink it down. Not much of it. That would give you a little protein, a little calories, still minimal carbs, but no "solid heavy food" to try and digest.

PJ

CincyBev Wed, May-21-03 09:12

Hi Tanya,
I hope you feel better real soon.. Just be sure to keep drinking liquids.. so you don't get dehydrated..

The important part is to get well.. and then you will get back on track. Usually when I feel bad I lose weight because I don't feel like eating much.... you probably are losing too even though you have eaten some wrong things..

Keep your goals.. and esp. your mini goal in mind.. You are doing so good...
You will get there!!

BTW.. we are almost neighbors.. We live just south of Fairfield.. near Winton Woods if you know where that is.. I hope we see some sunshine this week.. I have been thinking we came back from Forida too soon is year.. This weather has been awful! only 66 today!

If you aren't getting better real soon maybe you ought to see the doctor. It is pretty rough to be a mom and do all you need to when you are feeling so bad...

Nice to meet a fellow Buckeye!

thebigman Wed, May-21-03 09:20

Hey don't worry

Hi gotaloseit,

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, I don't think there is any issue of you "sinning", hey if your unwell your body needs and you feel like light and bland easy to digest food. Listen to your body, and don't over do it!!

Hope you feel better real soon and once your back on your feet you can worry about lowcarbing, its not as if you eating a lot anyway, just enough to get by on(no chocolate cakes and tubes of pringles, now that's what I call a sin :lol: ). Take it easy and don't worry, you can get back on track real soon. Try and make sure you try and keep your fluid intake up.

Graeme.

Tiggerdy Wed, May-21-03 09:35

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I had the flu (thanks to a co-worker and his preschool kiddies) a few weeks bad and only kept down diet Sprite, saltines & sherbet. I tried broth, but w/having a nice temp of 102, the sherbet faired better. ;)

Get well and then get back to LCing. Don't worry now- just relax.

Take care-
Nikki :daizy:

tgill32177 Wed, May-21-03 10:48

Get Well Soon!

Don't worry about falling from grace.
I got a wicked virus a few months back and Mom's chicken and dumplins are the only thing I felt like eating. I didn't gain either.
So don't feel guilty.

Get yourself well and then resume this WOE.
Whatever you gain, if any, will be water weight.

Take care of the body, it knows what it needs right now.

Hope to hear you are feeling better soon.

Be blessed,
Tanya