Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Someone notice today (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159169)

danakins Tue, Jan-13-04 11:48

Someone notice today

I read success stories constantly to keep me motivated and was reading one this morning where a guy said that he lost 50 lbs before anyone noticed and how that motivated him to go on and I thought to myself that agreed but, that I would have to find some other motivators if people did not.

Then, this morning a women that works with me (and this person and I are not close) stopped by my office and said, "I meant to tell you that you are really looking good these days". I was so thrilled. I have only lost 6 lbs since starting Induction last wednesday but, have lost close to 20 overall. So, I guess it's finally starting to pay off!!

Just wanted to share.

Dana

:yay: :yay: :yay:

allibaba Tue, Jan-13-04 12:27

Congratulations!!! It's ALWAYS such a high when someone notices :)

Alli

cs_carver Tue, Jan-13-04 14:13

People are cautious

It can be soooo hard...

Are they thin because they want to be, or because they just got one of those ugly diagnoses?

Are they going to stick it this time, and if not, should I even notice?

Am I allowed to comment?

What am I saying about the way you looked before if I say you look good now?

It's a minefield. I think lots of people notice. They just don't know how to say anything.

sjkling Tue, Jan-13-04 14:20

i would second that comment! i think i have learned that it is just nice to tell someone how nice they look....that is pretty inoffensive, but it opens the topic up for discussion!

Iamtrying Tue, Jan-13-04 14:37

It does make you feel good when someone notices, then you know that all your hard work paid off. I was feeling knid of low that no one was noticing my loss either. Now they are finally letting me know and it gives me the incentive to keep going. Wish you the best...

Dewi Tue, Jan-13-04 15:02

I love that feeling!
I am lowcarbing with two other coworkers and the (skinny) folks around us know what we are doing. It's great when others notice cause it boosts our enthusiasm to go on.

Fatkat Tue, Jan-13-04 15:16

That's great, there are thinner days a head...

KIDBXRS Tue, Jan-13-04 15:22

I know you feel great that is a terrific loss. I love it when people notices because for me even though my clothes are falling off of me when I look into the mirror I am still the fat girl I have always been. I try to get out old photos and see the difference other people are seeing about me but it is very hard to do. The clothes might be some of the problem. I should be in an 18 now and I am still wearing my 20 & 22 size clothing. I refuse to buy anything larger than a 16. I just don't know if I can wait that long I am looking quite slouchy these days. :daze: LOL. I would guess this is a great problem to have......
Good luck to all. :clap:

cs_carver Tue, Jan-13-04 16:10

Find something smaller

Maybe not a whole wardrobe, and certainly something cheap. I have needed to scale down--I lose faster that way. Can't see progress if it's all "just baggy;" I need to see that the newest sweatpants are now getting baggy.

Thrift shops can be really useful for this.

It's also a way of getting used to ACTING like a thin person.

pjo1966 Wed, Jan-14-04 13:32

I finally had someone notice who hadn't seen me in months and didn't know I was on Atkins. He told me how great I looked and I replied by saying I wasn't done yet. He said "what are you talking about... you're a waif!"

Claudius Wed, Jan-14-04 14:52

Great job Danakins!!

I too finally had some folks at work notice my weight loss. The funny thing is that they asked me if I had lost the weight due to stress. I said yes of course and that's just cause I like to mess with peeps. I told them that next to Mono and possibly Malaria, there is no better diet than depression and stress. I explained that soon I hope to develop and ulcer and that should guarantee more weight loss.

On a serious note though, it's the best feeling when someone notices and there is no doubt about that. Your motivation factor goes through the roof so keep up the good work.

Claudius