Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New Kid on the Block (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97643)

Sunny72178 Wed, Apr-09-03 10:29

New Kid on the Block

Hey there everyone,

I have decided to come and join your support group!! I have been LC for the past seven weeks or so and have lost 40lbs already!!! I love this WOL a lot and am happy to share my successes with you.
I would also like to mention that my weightloss has been stalled for the past week and a half. I know that I will hit a plateau sometime soon, but I did not think i would hit it at 300lbs. I have been eating all the allowed induction foods and have not cheated once. Is there anything I should do differently, or should I just be patient and let my body adjust???

Sunny :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alina Wed, Apr-09-03 10:33

Hi and welcome!

Awesome progress, congratulations. :)
Don't change anything, your body has to stop and take a break sometimes after this kind of weight loss.
I'm not losing weight for the past 4 weeks but I'm losing inches.
Be patient and it will pay of.
Anyone of this forum who is very close to their goal will tell you the same thing.
Take care!
Alina

kish Wed, Apr-09-03 10:35

Sunny, you're doing GREAT! 40lbs in 7 weeks, what you do to get 40lbs off that fast?

Are you exercising? Maybe that would help. I was reading about Atkins Accel and it help people that are at a weight stand still.
-K

whyspers Wed, Apr-09-03 11:04

Wow!!! Awesome success, Sunny! I agree with the exercising. I was reading an article about exercise and they said that resistance training would break a stall every time! Not that I would call this a stall, mind you....lol. Just wanted to clarify that :)

L

AmyTN Wed, Apr-09-03 14:55

Welcome, & congrats on your weight loss! That's a substantial amount of weight in a short time. I'd recommend measuring yourself in addition to using your scale. Often we lose inches while the scale registers no loss. Take your measurements- waist, hips, thighs, etc... You may be losing inches right now. It's also natural to have temporary stalls, as the body readjusts to the weight loss- especially after such a large rapid loss. I wouldn't change anything if it's worked that well so far. A stall is technically 4 weeks without losing weight or inches, so you might not even be in a stall- it just seems that way since you were making such wonderful progress. Be patient and stick with it- you already know it works. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne

Sunny72178 Thu, Apr-10-03 07:34

Thank you!!

Thank you for all that responded!!

Yes, I have been exercising between three and four times a week with 25 minutes of cardio and 20 or 30 minutes of weight training to get the muscles working again. When I initially lost a lot of weight I didn't exercise though, but after getting all of this new found energy I couldn't stop myself from wanting to exercise. I am just happy that my diet does not consist of 90% sugar anymore.

Sunny

Redfallon Thu, Apr-10-03 10:13

Re: Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny72178
after getting all of this new found energy I couldn't stop myself from wanting to exercise. I am just happy that my diet does not consist of 90% sugar anymore.

Sunny

That's a great way to look at it, Sunny! :thup: