Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   tae-bo anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=16868)

bluugirl Sat, Aug-18-01 14:58

tae-bo anyone?

Is anyone here using/used taebo? what r ur experiences? what is the good and the bad? how hard is it? i'm not looking for a 6-pack stomach, just a little trimmer and toned up ~ less flab especially in the inner thigh area. there's a special offer now 6 tapes ~ $60.
also am concerned if i have enough 'room' in my living room area since it's pretty small.

bluugirl Sat, Aug-18-01 15:56

i found an inspirational story

I found this inspirational newsletter about taebo AND lowcarbing.

Here's a snapshot of it...Full story is here

One day, about six weeks after I quit intaking sugar, I was eating a bagel at work. A co-worker walked in and asked me what was I doing eating all "those carbs"??? I replied, "huh?" I didn’t understand any significance of carbohydrates. I received a five minute overview of how you should have only "x" amount of carbohydrates a day, and a bagel is loaded with, oh, about 45 grams of it. So, on that day, I started digesting knowledge - knowledge of what in the heck is wrong with carbohydrates. Guess what? I learned that I was a carbohydrate addict. So, the next day, I began eating all those foods you grew up hearing were AWFUL for you. I actually went a step further and did not eat cheeses or dairy products. I limited myself to 15 grams of carbohydrates a day. Boy, the weight just started POURING off me. By the Thanksgiving holidays, I had increased my "TaeBo" to twice a day. It was the first thing I did when I crawled out of bed, and it was the last thing I did before I crawled back into bed. It became a habit, a religion, if you will.

runninMama Sun, Aug-19-01 05:09

I LOVE TaeBo!!

The Get Ripped series is GREAT and TaeBo is SO ADDICTING!! I lost my first 12 pounds on that alone - no dieting at all. I firmed up and started seeing new muscles within two weeks. I am confident when I run alone, not scared. I gained a ton of self esteem as I got to be pretty good at it :-) I can't say enough about TaeBo. I loved doing it so I never needed motivation.

bluugirl Sun, Aug-19-01 11:37

thanks runninMama!
i think i will give it a try (Get Ripped series)..it does seem like everyone who does it loves it immensely, and i really want to get firmer especially in my behind,thigh area lol (and everywhere else of course) but mostly there :D
Does it need a lot of space to do the moves? I have a small living room :)

runninMama Sun, Aug-19-01 13:32

I don't think it needs a ton of room if you do it alone. There is also a special tape called ABS & GLUTES and that works good on your butt. My ABS KILL me if i do it right. Good luck :-)