Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Carbolite Bars (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=146484)

Mr Thunder Mon, Nov-03-03 00:12

Carbolite Bars

Hi Everyone im new to the forums, Not sure if this is already known But Carbolite bars are available in Superdrug in the uk. My wife brought back a bar it was the almond one, I thought it was quite nice im not much of a choccy person but occasionally get the urge.Warning though very pricey £1.00 for a very small bar but very popular hardly any left.

LittleAnne Mon, Nov-03-03 02:14

Hi Mr Thunder and welcome to this forum.

You are doing great, by the look of it.

Thanks for the info on the carbolite bars, I don't think anyone has spotted them there yet. So what with bars in Benjy's there is more for those with a sweet tooth.

doogieb Mon, Nov-03-03 06:38

/me makes a note to vist superdrug tonight!

Thanks Mr Thunder!

maryhh Mon, Nov-03-03 14:47

As a new girl I`m interested in these bars. Are they low in carbs and cals? And what are Benjy`s bars?

doogieb Wed, Nov-05-03 15:51

Just a quick confirmation that I got these in Superdrug in Braehead in Glasgow - 3 flavour selections, 99p each and they seemed to have a few cases of them out.

Not tried them yet, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

Thanks Mr Thunder!

LisaUK Wed, Nov-05-03 17:09

I bought mine in Benjy's. I was NOT impressed with them really, they tasted like 'fake' chocolate and the biggest sweetener is maltitol even though they advertise Splenda on the front. I'd rather eat the Thorntons ones in moderation.

lburnikell Thu, Nov-06-03 03:21

I am going into town today so I will giv e one a try!! hope they have some left, but a quid for one, that is a tad pricey but who knows may be worth every penny

pepsi max Thu, Nov-06-03 04:34

I bought 1 of these bars yesterday,daren,t stray too far from the loo today :o
be careful with them,they,re quite nice but very sweet.It,ll be a while b4 i have any more!!!

lburnikell Thu, Nov-06-03 05:11

do you think a nice treat every now and again then

pepsi max Thu, Nov-06-03 05:16

the sweet and low chocolate from holland and barretts is better,they don,t have the side effects of the carbolite bars and they,re cheaper.

LisaUK Thu, Nov-06-03 14:11

I'm with you Pepsi. They promote them as 'Sweetened with Splenda!' but Splenda is way down the list of ingredients and maltitol is first. I was very disappointed with them. Thorntons is so much better tasting and you get a bigger bar for your quid. Plus that Sweet n Low stuff cooks well too. :)

pepsi max Thu, Nov-06-03 14:58

thats good to know Lisa,I,ve never tried cooking with it.It tends not to live long enough :rolleyes:

lburnikell Fri, Nov-07-03 07:25

I went to superdrug today and I wandered in like a fart in a trance and forgot them choccie bars!!

LisaUK Fri, Nov-07-03 14:12

Like a fart in a trance??

*splutter*

:D :D :D