Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   OMG, OMG...its noticeable! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98928)

whyspers Tue, Apr-15-03 11:09

OMG, OMG...its noticeable!

I just had to share this!!!! A girl who works next door that I haven't bumped into in a while asked me how things were going and all of a sudden she stops and says "have you lost weight?" You know...in that puzzled tone...lol. I said yeah...almost 22 lbs. worth and she said well it is really, really noticeable and that I look great! Then of course we had a big long discussion on how I was losing the weight :)

Oh man...this is so kewl! My boss noticed the other day as well, but he knew I was doing Atkins because we had talked about his Slimfast shake v. my Atkins shake, etc...and also about what had happened to Dr. A. Soooo...this is the very first person to notice who did not know I was doing Atkins or even dieting :)

I have to say, as many of you have already found out...it sure is a wonderful feeling!!!!

Laura

ladyfunk25 Tue, Apr-15-03 11:12

:cheer: YAY! That is awesome! Having people notice your success always feels great! Keep it up!

paradise Tue, Apr-15-03 11:20

Yippee!!! When people notice (and they don't know you've been LCing), it's great. For me, no one has noticed and it's been nine months. But then again, I'm still wearing the clothes, albeit baggy, I wore pre-LCing. Good for you!!!

AmyTN Tue, Apr-15-03 11:38

It's so wonderful when we get outside recognition of our sucess & progress! I'm so happy you've gotten a taste of it. Know you'll be getting more & more as time goes on- in the form of compliments, smaller clothes, feeling better, & so much more. Congrats & thanks for sharing your joy with others.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne

red1cutie Tue, Apr-15-03 12:35

Congratulations Whyspers. :clap: :yay: :clap: :yay: Thanks for sharing & motivating.

Peace
red

Watchmenow Tue, Apr-15-03 13:14

Wonderful

:D I am so happy for you....WAY TO GO!!!! There nothing more exciting when you are trying so hard....

Keep up the good work!!!! :wave:

Pugzilla Tue, Apr-15-03 13:18

Good for you! That is so great and is something I am REALLY looking forward to. I have so much to lose that I will have to lose a good bit before anyone notices, but the thought, and experiences like yours, are certainly motivational!

I'm very happy for you and look forward very much to making a similar post myself! :D :thup:

CAKES66 Tue, Apr-15-03 15:47

Congrats

It is so wonderful when someone outside of your immediate circle notices your weight loss. Thanks for sharing :wave:

Have a great LC day :) ;) :wave:

NOT_MINIME Tue, Apr-15-03 17:05

Congradulation and keep going! You are doing great so far and should be very pleased. Now go try on all those skinny pants and pose in front of the mirror. :)

chocy963 Tue, Apr-15-03 20:47

Hi whyspers! Just wanted to say that I am so happy for you. What a motivator, huh? Keep up the great work!

Also, I was looking thru my Atkins book tonight and I came across the carb ladder you were talking about. I think I was reading it wrong. I thought you were supposed to add 5 grams a week of any of those things. But, I guess you are really supposed to add foods from only one group a week. I don't know if I can do that :( I need some variety. I'll see how it goes the way I am doing it. I only added a few things last week and I am still keeping it around 25 grams a day. If I slow down too much I will have to take a step back and adjust things.

Keep smilin' :D

amadeus431 Wed, Apr-16-03 06:07

Ah, it's those little victories along the way that help to keep us motivated. Congratulations! You're doing great.

♥ Mary

whyspers Wed, Apr-16-03 06:13

Thanks so much for sharing in my excitement. It really means a lot to me.

Chocy...I read that section again yesterday myself, and noticed that he said most people do better by using that ladder. I also noticed he kinda left it open in that it wasn't really mandatory, but adding carbs like that really would help you not go overboard, or start gaining and that sort of thing. I did not take it the same way as I took the necessity of going through premaintenance and maintenance....as a MUST. I dunno though...like I said earlier...I'm trying to stay with induction for a while. I have so much more to lose.

L