Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Completely Weird Fat Burning Question. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153744)

potatofree Fri, Dec-12-03 19:07

Completely Weird Fat Burning Question.

I have no idea how to put this without sounding crazy, but sometimes I SWEAR I can actually "feel" my weight loss. Kind of a funny, warmish feeling in the lardiest areas... usually for a day or so preceding a "whoosh"...

So.. anybody else? Or do I find a straitjacket? :lol:

LadyBelle Fri, Dec-12-03 20:06

I think it's true, though I tend to get an all body flush.

I notice times I get it are aduring a really good yoga workout, after certain meals, and when I take some fat burners. I think it's a sign of metabolism reving up or something :)

Kelly_L Fri, Dec-12-03 20:12

Well that might explain something. I'm freezing cold and have been for the past few week. Haven't felt warm at all and I've also hit a plateau for the past few weeks.. Coincidence?
Cold = Stuck - Normal Warm = Regular Fat Burn - Flushed = Whoosh?
Kelly

Kelly_L Fri, Dec-12-03 20:13

ps Potatofree
Love the kitty!

TarHeel Fri, Dec-12-03 20:20

Sorry, I vote for the straight jacket :lol:

Try turning down the thermostat on your furnace.....

Kay

Kelly_L Fri, Dec-12-03 20:30

Yah and my feeling cold could be because it's just bloody cold in my part of the world. Still, it’s fun to explore the mysteries of weight loss, wouldn’t you agree?...

AzureMoon Fri, Dec-12-03 20:48

I'd be happy to feel a pre-whoosh flush. My indicator is that I get sleepy very early in the evening- like while driving home from work.

potatofree Fri, Dec-12-03 22:08

<looking at thermostat> Nope...

<looking out at thermometer, seeing the -10 reading> Nope.....

petcrazed Fri, Dec-12-03 23:21

potato i dont think you are crazy I notice it too, plus a much incressed pee production. right before a woosh i sware i pee every hour and not just a little.
and it would make sence to free warm before a woosh as you body is breaking chemical bonds and there for resleasing energy AKA heat.

ouizoid Fri, Dec-12-03 23:49

I am interested in the idea that you feel heat specifically in your "lardish" areas--like thermogenesis is happening right there! I must say that I too pee like a racehorse right before a whoosh--like the fat cells had been emptied but filled with water, and just before the whoosh, the water empties so the cells can be reabsorbed!

hey_Neener Sat, Dec-13-03 03:03

I can feel the difference in my energy level as it goes through the roof. My mood is unusually good-even before I step on the scale. I also get comfortably warm-as opposed to the cold I usually am most days. The warm feeling is all over-not just in my flabbiest areas. But then again, I am losing all over-not just in spots-so that would make sense.

Kristine Sat, Dec-13-03 06:46

You're not crazy - I notice that too. :cool: It's not always reflected on the scale, but sometimes, I'll feel inexplicably warm and have to turn the heat down. This is almost always when I've been "right on target" with LCing - lots of water, lots of veggies, enough protein and fat. Other times, I feel too cold and have cold extremities... and this tends to be when I'm not eating well. :rolleyes:

potatofree Sat, Dec-13-03 11:42

<whew> Here I thought I was crazy... or maybe we ALL are??

I can't really describe it completely, but I'm usually cold all the time. (I live in ND, it's usually around 0 this time of year..:lol: ) It's not really that I get warm all over, like after a workout, but more localized "weirdness"...

No matter how it's described, I get to lower my weight again today.... :)

RCFletcher Sat, Dec-13-03 13:54

I always know when I'm in ketosis because I feel like I'm burning up at night. I think this is a normal side effect of ketosis.

Mitz Sat, Dec-13-03 14:14

I have a big pee-fest the day before! I get really excited, because I know another lb is comin' off!! :yay: