Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I survived the theatre! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184632)

jillinmo Sat, May-15-04 06:47

I survived the theatre!

Last night we took the family out to see Troy at the theatre. I can't remember the last time I went to a movie and didn't inhale a large popcorn with extra butter no less. It was sooooooo hard but I ordered a bottle of water and whenever I felt the urge to reach in my hubbie's bucket I took a big drink. I LOVE popcorn but it doesn't love me. I made myself remember that every morning after eating that popcorn my hands would be so swollen and puffy that I could hardly close them to make a fist....all of the sodium I am guessing. But, I did it and am so proud of myself. I feel very empowered today and just wanted to say thanks to everyone here because this forum seems to be a real source of strength for me. I'm glad I found it.

:) jillinmo

wisdomom Sat, May-15-04 06:55

Way to go! It is so hard the first time to go and not snack on the usual stuff! You did wonderful!

diemde Sat, May-15-04 07:22

Yep, that is definitely a hard one. The smell in the theaters is so strong. Glad to see you made it through.:D The last time I went, I did take a little baggie of some almonds to munch on and that helped me. Lately, I've just avoided going. :lol:

kebaldwin Sat, May-15-04 10:19

Can you bring pork rinds? I use that as a substitute for potato chips, pop corn, other munchies. People have often looked at me funny for carrying along a large one gallon bag of pork rinds. :D

elimy Sat, May-15-04 15:37

Great job!! I am a fellow popcorn addict. I'm actually going to see Troy at the drive-in tonight, so I'm lucky I don't have to smell it at least!! We'll bring our own low-carb stuff to snack on in the car. Popcorn is one of those things I may never be able to give up completely, however! :p

My goal is to let Brad Pitt distract me. ;)

Emily

missaec Sat, May-15-04 18:56

Great job! I used to WORK at a movie theatre... imagine how much weight I gained from that! haha. I looove popcorn.

And Troy was awesome. I saw it yesterday afternoon. I'm so infatuated with Orlando Bloom.. oh yeah. :)

Renkin1990 Mon, May-17-04 07:54

Congratulations! I am glad I have not had to face that temptation yet! Way to go!!!

irisda Mon, May-17-04 09:35

This girl never eats popcorn at the movie. It offends me that you need to take out a second mortgage to eat at the movies. :D

3 dollars for a soda! pfft.

jemman Mon, May-17-04 09:43

go girl! thats some willpower. i woulda had to bring a LC snack to resist.

jillinmo Mon, May-17-04 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisda
This girl never eats popcorn at the movie. It offends me that you need to take out a second mortgage to eat at the movies. :D

3 dollars for a soda! pfft.

You are so right! Just think of the money I'm going to save. :D
I have to test my willpower in order to stay focused. When I succeed it really motivates me.

fairphire Mon, May-17-04 16:49

i went and saw "mean girls" the other day. it's almost like some unwritten law to not eat while watching a movie. luckily i am a girl and that entitles me to carry a big honking purse. lol. =o) . i go to walmart before i go to the theater (don't tell the movie people). i buy a box of russell stovers chocolates (i like the french mint kind), a bag of pork rinds, and a diet soda sometimes. last time i even packed a low carb cold fajita with me. LOL. i'm a nut.

i go prepared. and come home with malitotal's revenge... making me wish i didn't eat so many darn chocolates. LOL.

ok so i guess that's bad. i learn things the hard way tho.

Serena

LoriLoCarb Mon, May-17-04 21:42

That is awesome Jillinmo!! I agree on your feeling - I was so proud of myself to resist the movie snack temptation when we went to see Van Helsing last week! We saw Troy this weekend too - GREAT MOVIE!! And it doesn't hurt that Brad Pitt is in it too (can you believe he is 40?!), hehe. I snuck in a Diet Rite (white grape, yum!) and a Russell Stover toffee because it was such a long movie, and to me it was as good as popcorn and chocolate covered almonds (my old fave!)

WTG!
~ Lori