Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   taco bell (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=158118)

youngdor Fri, Jan-09-04 06:03

taco bell

Is there anything to eat at Taco Bell that would be legal for induction?

luddybell Fri, Jan-09-04 06:05

i usely order two tacos with beef and cheese empty out the shells chunk the shells eat the insides with a fork with a lil sauce !

FrecklFluf Fri, Jan-09-04 06:40

I usually get a taco salad, no beans, and I don't eat the shell (of course).

melpope Fri, Jan-09-04 10:13

I love Taco Bell! I get the taco salad with no shell and no beans and double meat. Sometimes I don't think they really double the meat, maybe 50/50 but that is okay. It is still very filling and good and here is a tip, use the lid to dump the salad into and then you can mix it up with the sour cream better!

mommyto3 Fri, Jan-09-04 15:40

I usually get the taco salad w/out the beans and double the meat as well. I too find it very satisfying.

potatofree Fri, Jan-09-04 18:48

I worry too much about what they use for seasoning in the meat....

etoiles Fri, Jan-09-04 19:15

I have gotten the bel grande nachos (no beans for induction!!) no chips, lettuce instead please. That is pretty tasty too!!

cheeze Fri, Jan-09-04 21:23

taco bell has nutrition info on their website, a regular taco with shell is 11 net grams

solamander Fri, Jan-09-04 22:28

buy LaTiara Taco Shells
They're 1 carb each!
(I bought a case-use em for chips, fill em with sandwich meat, sometimes even make tacos!)

flynnlee Fri, Jan-09-04 22:30

oh i'm so glad i came across this thread! you know, so many people say 'i can't do atkins because i can't eat out' but that's not true. there is a way to do atkins at every restraunt; especially now! thanks guys!

flynnlee Fri, Jan-09-04 22:31

oh, and i love latieara taco shells, as mentioned earlier. they REALLY satisfy my cravings for tacos. with the fiber, the ones i get have one gram each. i never thought of using them for chips. cool!

acwakip Sat, Jan-10-04 02:23

I don't know if anyone here knew this, but Taco Bell allows you to "customize" menu items on their website now. A regular taco (no shell) is 2 carbs - 1 fiber =1 net carb. I haven't eaten there yet, but I may have to sometime if I am in a pinch.

roselcice Sat, Jan-10-04 02:45

Thanks for posting about "customized" mean on there web site. I love Taco Bell but have stayed away from it for a while cause I was not sure if I could keep the carbs under control and still eat there.

The only bad thing about customized food there is the one by my house use to charge extra if you changed a menu item. I called there office and was told it was allowed. It has been a long while - so I hope that has changed.

mommyto3 Sat, Jan-10-04 12:27

That's good to know! I didn't know that you could customize their menu and get the nutrition information!

Thanks for sharing!

BlitzedAng Sat, Jan-10-04 13:52

I buy those taco shells too salamander.. I actually put cheese burger in them once, lol.. My DH uses them to scoop up homemade salsa.. Topped with chicken and cheese. Yummmmmmmm