Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Diet Rite - Too good to be true?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=140762)

JGrover Thu, Oct-02-03 22:00

Diet Rite - Too good to be true??

No caffeine, no calories, made with splenda! :)

I am a cola junky, this stuff is a life saver for me! It comes in 7 flavors...

Cola
Tangerine
Red Raspberry
Golden Peach
Black Cherry
Kiwi Strawberry
White Grape

Has anyone read of any side effects or reason to avoid? Or can I continue to consume 1 - 2 cans per day?

TIA

LovableLC Thu, Oct-02-03 23:12

I'm not sure at this point. I was drinking about 4-8oz of this daily. Then when I found the cans, 2-4 cans daily. My weight has not budged. I think I'm pushing it with drinking that much of it. Moderation is the key for some people. Depends on you!

cc48510 Thu, Oct-02-03 23:23

Though I wouldn't suggest everyone do this...I drink a 2 Liter a day and have since Day 1. It's had no effect I can see on my weight loss. That being said, some folks are effected by it...So, if you stall and think it is the cause, trying removing it and seeing if the problem goes away.

ian559 Fri, Oct-03-03 06:03

I to can drink it no problem. I like the brand from dollar general better taste just like diet rite but has the caffiene I crave lol. 2 bucks a 12 pack there too.

siara28 Fri, Oct-03-03 06:08

Everyone varies, some people stall with caffeine, some not. Some people stall with fake sugars, some not. This is something you have to find out yourself. As for health reason, I don't think there is too much wrong with drinking that much pop (I drink about one can a day) But I think water is the easiest for your body to deal with, I don't think carbonated water is as easy for your kidney/liver to deal with.

Heidi

HogarthNH Fri, Oct-03-03 06:46

I've lost virtually all my weight drinking at least 1l of Diet Rite per week, with usually 1l of some carbonated splenda water too. ("Clear & Natural" from Adirondack)

With all things in this lifestyle -- try it. If it stalls you, give it up. If it doesn't, enjoy.

Angel66668 Fri, Oct-03-03 06:52

i'm tired of diet rite, just give me the aspartame

mel92 Fri, Oct-03-03 07:31

I drink 2-3 cans of Diet Rite a day, it has not had an effect on my weight loss. However, heavy cream does!

:) mel

lbiessen Fri, Oct-03-03 07:39

for those of you who drink 2 - 4 cans a day, how can you drink that much and still drink 64 ounces plus of water a day.

mel92 Fri, Oct-03-03 07:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbiessen
for those of you who drink 2 - 4 cans a day, how can you drink that much and still drink 64 ounces plus of water a day.

I am constantly on the go here at home, taking care of a 3 month old, building a 1100sq ft addition onto our house, etc. It is VERY easy for me to consume 64+oz of water a day. I have a 32oz water bottle from the hospital that I am filling up 3 & 1/2 times daily. It also helps that I'm up at 5am and to bed at 11pm, so I do have a longer day also.

hope this answers your question

wimsey619 Fri, Oct-03-03 08:01

I, too, drink a lot of Diet Rite. I like to add da vinci french vanilla to mine. Sometimes da vinci cherry. I use it to make "coke" floats.

It's one of those your mileage may vary things.

Personally, I love it. :)

HogarthNH Fri, Oct-03-03 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbiessen

I have water at breakfast, and have 48oz of water at work (one 24oz bottle before/during lunch, refill and drink afternoon), and limit my soda for
when I get home, dinner, and after. It's not really very difficult. :)

beachmum Fri, Oct-03-03 16:12

Can you really buy ALL those flavors??? The most I've found here is Cola, White Grape, and Tangerine (my personal favorite). The others sounds great though, especially peach.

I think I'm jealous....or maybe I'll tell my sister in Seattle what I want for Christmas.

mascoloj Fri, Oct-03-03 17:02

For those of you drinking Diet Right, do your ketosis sticks still turn pink or purple? Doesn't Atkins says to count each packet of splenda as 1 carb? I would think you would go over your carb limit pretty easy.

Joe

cc48510 Fri, Oct-03-03 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoloj
For those of you drinking Diet Right, do your ketosis sticks still turn pink or purple? Doesn't Atkins says to count each packet of splenda as 1 carb? I would think you would go over your carb limit pretty easy.

Joe

For starters, Diet Rite is made with Liquid Splenda which has no carbs. As for the Ketostix, they turned for the first few months...but, they stopped turning months ago. Since then, I have lost another 25 pounds of Fat.