Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Darn Darn Darn!! :-o (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143624)

stella j Sat, Oct-18-03 13:02

Darn Darn Darn!! :-o

I couldnt stop myself last night. I had 6ultra light michelob brews. Man what a downer. I am only in my 8th day. Jeesh. I had peeople over here and stalled for like 3 hours and finally gave into tempation. I am upset with myself but I am goign to keep on the track. Does anybody know if this has put my body out of ketosis? I hope not. SAdly, but SUrely.

potatofree Sat, Oct-18-03 16:05

There's really nothing you can do about it NOW. Go back to the plan, and learn from this. Evidentally, you need to stay clear of the beer until you're in control of things more, and DEFINATELY no during induction...

Live and learn....

stella j Sat, Oct-18-03 16:40

I know I know. You are so right. I am living and definately learning I can tell you that. A lot from being in here. So tell me what you think. Has that ruined induction? And do I have to start my 2 week period all over gain? I am still in ketosis (lightly) I think.
Give me your thoughts. I hate addictions. They are so weakening.

Kristine Sat, Oct-18-03 17:04

I would stay as is. :thup: Think of it this way: programs like Protein Power, for example, allow 30-40 g of carbs per day initially, and those people still lose weight.

...but don't treat that as an excuse to go over what you planned. Stick as close to 20 as you can.

For the record, I never gave up alcohol completely and still lost the weight, albeit slower. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want faster weight loss. :thup:

stella j Mon, Oct-20-03 20:28

Thanks Kristine. That gives me hope. Because Saturday night I had MORE ULTRA LIGHTS. LOL. But I am still losing weight and in Ketosis. I am drinking like 75% less than I was before I can tell you that. which I am proud. :-) TTYL

2curvy4me Wed, Oct-22-03 21:41

Just drink plenty of water !!! That is what I did and I was fine. :wiggle:

Gymrat Sun, Apr-09-06 16:19

I try to go as close to 0 carbs as I can to get to ketosis and it works great for me.

Maddison Sun, Apr-09-06 20:37

I know everyone is different, but for me, beer, even low carb beer, will stall me and knock me out of ketosis. I haven't found the same to be true if I drink a dry wine or say a rum and diet. That being said, any alcohol will dehydrate you, so i always drink a ton of water the next day. Good luck! :)

Elizellen Mon, Apr-10-06 01:45

Just a warning in case you are relying on ketosticks to see if you are in ketosis.
alcohol throws off (I think) acetones which register on ketosticks the same way as ketones, so can make people think they are still in ketosis after drinking alcohol.
Also as mentioned if you do not drink extra water it can dehydrate you making it look as if you are losing weight too!!