Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Big weigh in ? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135283)

Carbcutter Fri, Sep-05-03 15:54

The Big weigh in ?

Well tomorrow is the BIG WEIGH IN for me as it's been a month on Atkins and i promised myself after a month i would weigh myself to see how i was doin i must admit i'm a bit apprehensive as to the outcome what will i do if i haven't lost anything? everyone says i am losing weight i think i am also but what if it's a piddly amount?.
Even tho i am finding it pretty easy to stick to what if i don't lose anything what will it do to my confidence will it make me head to the Off licence for a carry oot?
We will just have to see. Here's hoping.

Will it be :thup: or :nono:

pepsi max Fri, Sep-05-03 15:56

good luck and let us know as soon as you do.we'll keep everything crossed for you.

Paulie-M Fri, Sep-05-03 16:00

All the best for your weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you will see a difference on the scales, it may not be as much as you would have hoped, but I'm sure you will have lost something. My brother didn't lose anything at all for the first 2 weeks on Atkins, and then lost 7 lbs the next week. Did you measure yourself at the beginning. Sometimes you lose inches and the scales just remain the same.

Good luck.

kellyuk Fri, Sep-05-03 16:04

Any loss is a good loss!!!!

Make sure you log in and let us all know, if it's a great loss celebrate with more cheeseburger pie :D

lburnikell Fri, Sep-05-03 16:08

good luck and remember whatever you have lost big or small, it's better of than on!!

harleydee Fri, Sep-05-03 16:53

Good luck with your weigh in. I have the same problem worrying about losing such a little amount and it discouraging me that I haven't weighed myself yet!! I began induction a month ago tomorrow, but have not worked up enough nerve to weigh myself.

So, my hat off to you for getting on the scale. Don't worry though, a little is still better than NOTHING or GAINING!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!! And let us know what you weighed in at! Maybe I'll get on a scale sometime.......or maybe not!!

UrbanGypsy Sat, Sep-06-03 00:05

Very best of luck Carbcutter. :) I really hope its a happy result for you.

LittleAnne Sat, Sep-06-03 01:55

Hi Carbcutter

How was your weigh in? Or are going out to weigh?

I am sure that you will have lost some pounds and as already said any loss is great. If you don't expect to much then you won't be disappointed. I know how much I want the scales to move downward each week and for me it is only every 2 or 3 weeks that they oblige.

Think of all the positive effects you are having on this way of life and keep focussed. Those pounds will come off as my photos prove.

kellyuk Sat, Sep-06-03 02:23

I think I'm more excited waiting to hear about your weigh-in than mine!

Paulie-M Sat, Sep-06-03 08:21

Hi Carbcutter,

C'mon, you're really keeping us in suspense here!