Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Low carb products... what is your favorite? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=178520)

LMmama Wed, Apr-14-04 10:12

Low carb products... what is your favorite?

It seems every time I go to the grocery store or watch tv, I am seeing new low carb products. Everything from bread and yogurt to speghetti sauce and pasta. What are your favorite ones? And which ones do you think we should avoid?

etoiles Wed, Apr-14-04 10:14

I enjoy the low carb products now and then. I try not too have too many because with some I have encountered problems.

My favorite are the bagels from natural ovens. They are absolutely delicious!!! The natural ovens bread is equally as good but without the bagel texture.

I try to avoid any that contain sugar alcohols, since those have a negative effect on me.

Quest Wed, Apr-14-04 10:20

My favorite without question are the Klondike ice cream bars (the ones that are vanilla ice cream with a chocolate coating). They taste much better to me than similar ones made by Endulge. They have 5 carbs and 170 calories apiece, so they are still an indulgence. But to me they are a true treat.

I also enjoy keto ketchup.

Petrina31 Wed, Apr-14-04 12:08

Atkins brand Banana Nut Muffin mix- hmmmm good.

I also love Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter.

tcastro Wed, Apr-14-04 12:30

LC Wraps, I forget the brand. I use them as crust for LC pizza or as a wrap for BLT wraps :D

SusanKH Wed, Apr-14-04 12:40

I try to avoid a lot of them because they stall me, but if I'm going to devour the entire house if I don't have some chocolate, I get some of the Russell Stover chocolates. Yes, I love chocolate. I really, really love chocolate. :)

DianaO Wed, Apr-14-04 13:34

Breads and bagels other then that peanut butter, or wait I love the tortillas!!!

LOL I love it all and that is why I have to avoid it.

LucyLucy Wed, Apr-14-04 16:48

I love the decedant chocolate bars from Atkins. Once I'm on OWL, one for breakfast and I'm set until lunch!

LL :)

Nancy LC Wed, Apr-14-04 17:03

I'd have to say right now, Keto Cereal. Then the carb smart ice creams are way up there too.

Rosie Real Wed, Apr-14-04 17:24

Hands down, any of the Carb Smart ice creams!

Close second is a tie between Mama Lupe tortillas and Genisoy Low Carb Crunch chocolate chip bars.

Petrina31 Wed, Apr-14-04 17:29

How could I forget about Hood's Carb Countdown Chocolate Milk- soooo yummy. And only 2 net carbs.

FrecklFluf Wed, Apr-14-04 17:46

Hmm ... this is a tough one.

I second Hood's CC chocolate milk. SO good. And I also really like all the LC ice cream, especially chocolate. (I've never tried Atkins.) RS chocolates, too.

Okay, leaving the chocolate for now, Mama Lupé's LC tortillas are quite good. And this isn't particularly marketed as LC, but Fifty-50 makes yummy sugar-free jellies. Oh, and LC V8 Splash is good as well.

patricia52 Wed, Apr-14-04 18:14

LC wraps, hands down. DH was going crazy trying to find stuff for lunch (doesn't do leftovers) and the wraps filled the bill.
Oh, I get it-- "stuff" for lunch, "filled" the bill.
Make nice tacos, too.

FrecklFluf Wed, Apr-14-04 18:17

Quote:
Make nice tacos, too.
Oh, I almost forgot! La Tiara taco shells. Mmm, mmm, good!

Justjen72 Wed, Apr-14-04 18:35

I love the Atkins pancake mix. I cannot handle eggs every morning.