Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   *sigh* I need some motivation guys and girls... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=264805)

DdmnWlkng Thu, Sep-01-05 17:33

*sigh* I need some motivation guys and girls...

I am getting impatient...I guess. My mom once said that she thinks my face is slimmer, but other than that I feel like nothing has happened. I know I am just getting into the end of Week 1, but I figured that I'd see SOMETHING because I went from drinking litres of Mt. Dew to just water, and I am not cheating at all...I just thought I'd be able to tell that I was losing water weight...or SOMETHING when looking in the mirror...I know it is really really early though...I just wish I something would happen that would get me back into being INTO IT YAY! but Im gettin a little depressed I guess (maybe it's the sugar, ;) )

klc145 Thu, Sep-01-05 18:08

You have only been doing this for a week! Give it some time. How long did it take you to get to the weight you are now? That is how I look at it. It took me about 4 years to get up to where I was at. I know that I won't loose the weight overnight. Be patient....you will see a loss if you stick with it.

Edited to add: measure yourself...sometimes you won't see weight off from the scale but you will see inches gone.

zajack Thu, Sep-01-05 18:23

You've lost 5 pounds in a week?!? How awesome is that? Congratulations! If you still feel like you should be doing better...post a few days worth of menus and let people take a look. You'll start seeing really noticable results at about 20 pounds (at least that's what I found). At the rate you're going, that's just about a month.

potatofree Thu, Sep-01-05 21:34

You're doing FINE! :D It's hard to be patient when you've found something worth getting excited about, isn't it?

deannagmd Fri, Sep-02-05 06:50

Patience, Grasshopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc145
You have only been doing this for a week! Give it some time. How long did it take you to get to the weight you are now? That is how I look at it. It took me about 4 years to get up to where I was at. I know that I won't loose the weight overnight. Be patient....you will see a loss if you stick with it.

Edited to add: measure yourself...sometimes you won't see weight off from the scale but you will see inches gone.

Absolutely! It took years for all of my weight to creep on, too. Be patient, keep at it, get exercise and it will all fall into place. But realize that you have to be committed! Is this just a short term thing or are you willing to make it a WOL? If you want it to be a WOL, just have the patience - it's so worth it!

gandktahoe Fri, Sep-02-05 07:53

Don't give up!!

You have taken the first steps into health at a perfect time in your life. Believe me, it gets harder as you get older. Do it now! Do it for life!
And 5 pounds in one week is fantastic! Keep going and you will be surprised at how fast you can lose.
When you feel like it is too much, come to the forum and the good folks here will give you the support you need.

Continued success!!!

Karen in Tahoe :wave: :wave:

fyler Fri, Sep-02-05 10:05

Relax, you are doing well. If you loose too fast you barely get to wear the new pants/shirts you will have to get before they are too large for you. I would be very pleased with a 5 pound loss in
one week. It was about 20 lbs before anyone noticed my weight loss. (But at about 70 lbs, people didn't recognize me from behind!)

Fyler

camaromom Fri, Sep-02-05 10:08

Patience. You are not going to see dramatic changes right away. It took about 35 pounds gone before anyone noticed on me. Hang in there you will be fine.

Laydebleu Fri, Sep-02-05 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyler
But at about 70 lbs, people didn't recognize me from behind! Fyler

:lol: Cannot wait for that day.

Yep you are doing great... don't worry. Just keep on going!!!

notskinny Fri, Sep-02-05 10:48

And believe me, the LAST person to notice you weight loss will be YOU! I got really skinny the first time around. Down to about 130 lbs. I was wearing size 2's and 4's and all I could see was FAT! It took gaining 30 of 50 lbs back and looking at pictures of myself that I actually saw how skinny I was! (I've adjusted my goal this time to 140 so I wont be THAT skinny!) Hang in there, you are doing GREAT!! (and listen to your Mom!!)