Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Bought clothes at Old Navy for first time in 5 Years! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173912)

SuperSue04 Sat, Mar-20-04 17:24

Bought clothes at Old Navy for first time in 5 Years!

Hi, all!

Today, on a whim, I went into Old Navy while out and about running errands. I thought it would be motivational. WHen I started, 36lbs ago, I wore a size 24-26. Most of my clothes are baggy, even with elastic and drawstrings, but I haven't bought anything new except a pair of cords, size 22.

Anyhow, back to Old Navy. They had some cute shirts, and I admit it. I wanted one. They only went up to size 20. I decided what the heck. Let's see how close (or far) away I am from this. Maybe I'll get into that size by my B-day (May 26) and buy myself a present.

Well . . . you could've knocked me over with a feather! THE 20 FIT!! :yay:

Whoo hoo! I bought 2. :lol:

And, watch out, I'm eyeing a really sweet skirt that only comes in sizes up to 16! :cool:

Sue

wils Sat, Mar-20-04 17:36

Congratulations!!! I know how great that feels when you try on something that you think, NO WAY, that will never fit and it does!!! Way to go, What a great way of life!!!! You'll be in that skirt before you know it!!

orchidday Sat, Mar-20-04 17:38

Congratulations! Clothes definitely tell the story! I loved Old Navy and I sure will be happy when I can shop there. Orchid

Paris Sat, Mar-20-04 17:41

Congratulations!!! I love Old Navy too, and was sooo happy to fit into their clothes again.

bigted Sat, Mar-20-04 18:04

WTG -Old NAvy arrived here just before Christmas - I'm hoping to make my first purchase by the middle of summer. I can't wait for that feeling.
Congratulations!

lightforce Sat, Mar-20-04 18:07

What a great feeling eh.

Well done. I think that is more of a joy when smaller clothes fit then seeing the scale weight.

congrats.

bonesigh Sat, Mar-20-04 18:08

Congrats! What a great feeling that must have been! You keep up the good work!

:) Mike

teresamay Sat, Mar-20-04 18:24

Good for you, and I bet you look amazing in them!!! I was in Old Navy myself today - I had no idea before that they went up to size 20 - I didn't have as much nerve though to try anything on...enjoy your shirts :)

Rocky_Cdn Sat, Mar-20-04 18:28

WTG Sue!

An Old Navy is just being built near my Hair Stylist. Can't wait to go check it out - I'm hearing so much about it here!

Keep your eyes focused on that skirt! :)

Rocky

freckles Sat, Mar-20-04 21:17

Congratulations, SuperSue!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

DaddioM Sun, Mar-21-04 02:04

Cool Beans Sue...I'm fitting into pants I haven't worn for 5 years. It's a good feeling!!

Azraelle Sun, Mar-21-04 02:14

Try alloy.com. Their jeans are more stylish (MUDD, Paris Blues, Abyzz, Liquid-X), sizes are available from 1-25 (and they run true), with inseams 30-37", and even with shipping, they compare favorably with Old Navy, especially if your order totals more than $75, in which case shipping is free.

4beans4me Sun, Mar-21-04 07:48

:yay: WTG Sue! :yay:

liz175 Sun, Mar-21-04 07:56

Congratulations! And thanks for letting us know. I had no idea Old Navy went up to size 20. Next time I am near one, I'm going to head in there and check out the shirts myself.

NOGAINHERE Sun, Mar-21-04 08:12

I'll bet that feels terfific!!! WTLose!