Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   I fell off really really bad. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28825)

LissaRossi Wed, Jan-02-02 15:23

I fell off really really bad.

Well the holidays sent me for a loop and visiting everyone and everyone's wonderful food did not help. I am going back on the wagon.

How did all of you do through the holidays?????

Mindyd Wed, Jan-02-02 15:29

Don't sweat it - just get back on the horse and you'll be fine....you'll make up any lost ground quickly, I'm sure.....

I did okay myself - I gave in to one or two temptations, but did not overdo it....thankfully. I didn't drink as much water as I should have - it's so much easier to do that at the office.....but other than that, I did pretty well. :thup:

justme Wed, Jan-02-02 18:27

i think this is why i wouldn't start induction until after the new year.... actually I'll start on Jan 7. I wanted to clear out the house of the nasties and get all my good stuff stocked in the fridge and cubboard. Not to mention that the kids will be going back to school that day yahoo!!!
Just keep trying ...theres no one whipping us except ourselves

forgiveness is crucial....

Tama Sun, Jan-06-02 19:32

Boy, are you guys right about forgiveness. I have been trying to forgive myself since Christmas Night. Finally got it through my head today that I just have to pick myself up, dust myself off, and move on. Took a while to figure that out. Must be the carbs fogging up my brain. I was halfway to goal. Halfway! And I blew it all. Ah well, what's done is done.
Hang in there everybody,
Tama

jan082001 Wed, Jan-09-02 07:35

We are not alone!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who fell off the wagon! I really needed to read what you all shared. I feel better knowing I'm not alone. Anyone need a new buddy? This last fall off the wagon has shown me that I sure could use support. None of my friends are lowcarbing, and I need some support!

jan

KASSY Thu, Jan-10-02 13:29

only human

I did ok at Thanksgiving and by Christmas I blew a gasket !! It was too much pressure, and I had only been Low carbing for a little over a month. I don't think the true will power was there yet.
However, I did notice in December when I gave in to the temptation, I was much more sluggish and tired.
I am trying again. At least we can say that much.
Good luck

Kassy :wave:

A thin me! Thu, Jan-10-02 13:37

Argggggh!! Know what you Mean!

Hi!

If you know anything about me or read my journal, you would know that I fell off, went under the ground and ended up on the otherside of the earth!!! LOL

I fell bad and hard and actually needed to take a few days off to straighten myself, body, mind, spirit and wounded pride. I just needed to forget all this and my errors in judgement.

On Jan. 1 , 2002, I kicked into high gear and I am almost done with this Induction. No, this is not my first, second or third attempt at it - but this one counts because I have succeeded.

The only thing you can do, is put it behind you, and start fresh again. But remember the lesson you learned - how poorly you felt, and how tired and whatever else you experienced.

I am not being high minded and perfect -- it is just I had to learn the hard way and used to be just awful to myself and hated myself weakness.

It is okay to make a mistake.

A Thin Me

FavreFan04 Sat, Jan-12-02 15:43

Man , oh man...I know EXACTLY how you feel. :there: In combination with the holidays, moving, and going on a medication that caused me to gain weight, I gained 30 lbs. in less than 2 months after havign already reached my goal weight. I fell off REALLY REALLY BAD. Can you imagine how frustrating that is?? But, I'm desperately trying to forgive myself and just start all over, and you should too. It's not easy at all, but I know that I have to do it because I love the person that I was and I absolutely despise the person that I have become. If your case is anything like mine, then I know exactly how you are feeling. This is definitely going to be a very difficult journey for me, but I know that I can do it and be the size that I used to....and I know that you can too. :bhug:

Good Luck to you! :)