Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What is your experience with Sugar-Free Jello? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=157020)

toddzilla Sun, Jan-04-04 20:44

What is your experience with Sugar-Free Jello?

Hello all,

I had a SF Jello today, but afterwards realized it is sweetened with aspartame. Do you guys still eat it? How much? Any bad experiences?

Thanks for your input...I love the taste of them but I also am loving losing weight ;) and would not want to jeopardize that.

Thanks!

libra81 Sun, Jan-04-04 21:02

I eat sugar-free jello all of the time. Its a good snack and an awesome desert topped w/ whipped cream. So far I've had no bad experiences with it at all. I think the only problem w/ aspartme is that it can fool your body into thinking its sugar and make you have cravings. But to answer your question, I love it. Just had some actually.

katwoman Sun, Jan-04-04 21:05

I eat it all the time too and haven't had any problems at all. I've seen a recipe on the forum (don't have the link, but someone else may be able to provide it) to make your own using Splenda, unflavored gelatin and koolaid--but personally I just use the pre-made stuff.

Lilbug Sun, Jan-04-04 21:07

I eat it sometimes!! It is pretty good! If you are adventurous you can make your own, it was pretty good as well!! All though gelatin stinks something awful!!

I haven't had any side effects from it!!

Bug

nursey15 Sun, Jan-04-04 21:54

I make my own with Kool- aid and splenda. I have an intorerance to nutrasweet.

Idabelle Sun, Jan-04-04 22:47

I like to replace some of the water in jello with cream. It rises to the top and it tastes and looks good too.

surfnmom Mon, Jan-05-04 04:46

Sad to say, I can't eat it. I get big time cravings :(

yvonne326 Mon, Jan-05-04 05:57

My take on asparateme - - if you have it occassionally, than I see nothing wrong with it. I have a cup of SF Jello every day (for my sweet fix) with a little whipped cream and it has not hindered my wieght loss or knocked me out of ketosis.

lissa uk Mon, Jan-05-04 07:45

well... ive eaten it virtually every day since I started the LC WOL and Im pleased to say it hasnt affected my ability to lose weight in any way. It has been a god send, and satisfies my craving for something sweet everytime !!

Marieshops Mon, Jan-05-04 08:59

Everyone is different, so whatever works for you. Hunt's makes a sf jello sweetened with Splenda and so does Jolly Rancher. Super Wal-Mart carries the Hunt's near me. Jolly Rancher I haven't found in my area. Good luck losing!
Marie

reneeg1 Mon, Jan-05-04 09:16

I have been having aspartame without any problems. I drink Diet Coke sometimes once a day and I also have Crystal Light on occasion. I was thinking of making the jello.

KoKo Mon, Jan-05-04 09:47

The only time I ever had a problem with the SF jello, was when I made the recipe for gummie bears, it was about 3 packs of the jello, plus some plain gelatin and only about 1 cup (or maybe only 1/2 cup of water) - they didn't taste very good to me (but a lot of others seemed to really like them) and I got an excrutiating headache - I'm not sure if it was from the concentration of artificial sweetner, coloring or both.

beachjen Mon, Jan-05-04 10:44

I eat it and it's great. You can't be perfect so I don't think a little aspartame here and there will hurt.

jmarionw Mon, Jan-05-04 12:56

Eat SF Jello almost every day. I make a dessert out of it sometimes using cream cheese for part of the cold water. I soften 4 oz of cream cheese and whip it into the hot jello until it's mostly melted, then add only 1/2 cup of cold water. Makes a nice dessert and ups the fat content on something otherwise low fat. :)

OHGal1415 Mon, Jan-05-04 13:06

SF jello causes insulin spikes for me and my body can't handle it. It stalls me flat.